Popular Tags: [View All]
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
We had a 5-player, 8-hour game of Twilight Imperium (Third Edition).

Going clockwise around the table, we had Jol-Nar (Timo), Sol (Matthias), Ghosts of Creuss (Reinhard), Embers of Muaat (Maja) and Winnu (Me).

The game started fairly slow, with each player grabbing planets and building up their fleets and tech. A few VP were scored, but the real VP race started in the late game, about the same time when border conflicts and all-out wars started.

The Jol-Nar attacked a lone Sol scout, triggering an aggressive response that lasted all the way to the end of the game and though the Sol tried to üull me into the conflict on his side I only harried the Jol-Nar flanks a little, doing enough to satisfy the Sol and keep him invested in his crusade, but not enough to actually turn the Jol-Nar against me.

The Creuss and the Muaat and myself co-existed peacefully throughout the entire game, with only one very minor skirmish between the Muaat and me and a large-scale attack from the Creuss on the last turn of the game (in an attempt to score his secret objective - which he didn't).

On the second-to-last turn Maja could've closed the game and won, but she made a mistake by moving one of her fleets completely away from one of her planets. If she had left at least 1 ship behind, she would've been able to fulfill her secret objective, score 2 VP and thus win at 10 VP.

On the then-last turn, the VP track saw the Sol at 6 VP, the Creuss at 7 VP and everyone else at 8 VP.
The Jol-Nar were in an obvious position to meet one of the public objectives and win the game, so everyone knew they had to go for points and the win now.
And that's where the blunders started...

The Creuss used a mercenary to exchange their strategy card with the Jol-Nar, giving them Leadership while claiming Bureacracy. This allowed Reinhard to score a 1 VP objective during the round, putting him into the finishing race, but it put the Jol-Nar in a winning position since at the end of the round objectives are scored in order of play and Leadership goes first...

So everyone except me threw out action cards to block, hinder and enfuriate Timo. Then I pulled a mad run at the fully-stocked Jol-Nar home system which took Timo completely by surprise! After a hard-fought battle that I would certainly have lost if I didn't have Direct Hit to blow up that Duranium armored War Sun, I only had my trasport with 2 units left. But that was enough to capture both (undefended) planets and thus rob Timo of his home system since he had previously already activated it and couldn't drive me out again this turn.
And without a home system he was not allowed to score any objectives!surprise

That put me into the finishing lane since even though the Sol were next in order of play they didn't have enough VP to go for the win and I was next in order of play and about to finish my secret objective for 2 VP... Or so I thought, because I had actually misread it and while my planned assaults worked out beautifully they didn't do anything good for me.. blush

Then Maja moved her ships around to grab her 2 VP and even nipped of an artifact from Timo, scoring 1 VP while the Joö-Nar lost one.
But as it turned out I was able to (just barely) meet one of the 2 VP public objectives and so won, being just one step away from Maja.

A very cool and fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mb
Nice one thumbsup

I wish I got to play this game more often...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mats Blohmé
Sweden
Simlångsdalen
Halland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Great report Ork!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orks in space.... fun play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done! Too bad I couldn't make it...

Seems like it was a close call, with VPs falling down like meteorites...cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I hope to get a game going later this month with my group,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, it was a fun game.
And apart from the Jol-Nar / Sol war it was also pretty peaceful, which was both unexpected and refreshing.
Also, nobody bothered to invade Mecatol Rex. It was still unclaimed by the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.