United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been approached by The Bridge for Heroes (http://www.thebridgeforheroes.org/), a charity that provides professional help and support to serving operational troops and veterans of the armed forces, for assistance with setting up regular weekly gaming afternoons. They want to use board games as a way of providing a way of relaxation and friendship.

"The Bridge for Heroes is a registered charity that offers special rest and recuperation for our armed forces and veterans and their dependants. Our Headquarters is now in Kings Lynn, Norfolk, where we have our first Contact Centre.

Our aim is to provide an environment that assists early identification of Post-Traumatic Stress [also known as "post operations stress"] and other problems that our heroes face on returning from front-line operations."

What I am looking for is any game donations that you might be willing to provide, to be kept at the Contact Centre and be used by the armed veterans and their families, to help with rest and recuperation.

Just to give you an idea, some have shown some interest in the following games Stone Age, Memoir '44, Ticket to Ride, Pandemic, along with several others from my personal collection, but they would like on hand copies of their own. Several of the volunteers at the Contact Centre are now in a position where they can teach the games.

Any donations would be gratefully received. If you could help with this, please geek mail me. Thanks for your support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.