Quarriors!» Forums » General

Subject: How does Quarriors compare to King of Tokyo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tycho Terziev
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoT took me by surprise.I had zero interest in it until I had the chance to play it.Now I cannot stop thinking about it! It has everything that I want from a dice game- tremendous amounts of light hearted fun,some tough decisions, it encourages thrash talking and it boasts great components.

Quarrios has been on my radar for some time, but many of the posts here are not very encouraging.Is it because people are expecting something deeper?Is it because the game is downright broken?Is it because the game is not fun enough?

As for the comparison itself , I am more interested in the thrills and the "feel" (whatever that means) of Quarriors than its mechanics.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I' not seen anyone make a direct comparison to KoT, but the games are pretty similar. In both, you put your creature(s) up hoping that they last around the table until the start of your next turn. In both, you can roll "money" to upgrade your powers.

Where they differ is in KoT there's a sort of "push your luck" idea going on - both in terms of what to shoot for when you're rolling and how long you leave your creature in. Quarriors doesn't have that, so it feels different (despite taking the same amount of time and having - arguably - the same sort of variety and luck component).

I feel that with Qarriors a lot of the expressed frustrations are to do with the fact that significantly altering your bag of dice takes time, and a lot of games will be over before it begins to bear fruit (as compared to say Dominion, where you really need to radically alter your deck - and have the time to do it - before starting to grab VPs). But a KoT veteran shouldn't share that frustration, as plenty of times the powers you buy for your monster don't get used more than twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.