Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am getting this game along with Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion as a gift from someone. Being a compulsive sleever, I will be sleeving the cards once I get both boxes. As I have some leftover FFG sleeves from other games I own, I didn't want to buy more packs than is necessary.

Does someone have an exact count of how many large cards (green FFG sleeves) and small cards (yellow FFG sleeves) there are in both the core game and the expansion? I skimmed over the rulebook PDF online but can't tell if Chaos cards are large, Old World cards are small, etc.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
publisher
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the expansion, but:

- Old world cards: large
- Upgrade cards: large
- Chaos cards: small

I'm sure you can check out the rules again now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaj
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
Had too much GG...
badge
Had too much GG...
mbmbmbmbmb
- Quick ref. cards: large

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Base Game
"large"
Upgrade = 20
Old World = 28
Score Cards = 5
TOTAL = 53

"small"
Chaos Cards = 96

Expansion
"large"
Upgrade = 25
Old World = 9
Summary Cards = 5
TOTAL = 39

"small"
Chaos Cards = 120

Grand Total
"large" = 92
"small" = 216
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you can visit the games page at Fantasy Flight's site,

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

and it the product section they will list how many packs of each type of sleeve you will need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
willythesnitch wrote:
Also, you can visit the games page at Fantasy Flight's site,

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

and it the product section they will list how many packs of each type of sleeve you will need.

True, but it doesn't tell you how many you have left over. So when you combine a couple games, you may be able to dial back on the total amount.

They say you need 2 large and 2 small for the base game and 1 large and 3 small for the expansion. So 3 and 5. But combined, you can get away with 2 large, actually, but do need the 5 small. And based on what he might have leftover from the other games, could cut this down as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
True, but it doesn't tell you how many you have left over. So when you combine a couple games, you may be able to dial back on the total amount.

Thanks for the info!

Exactly, ColtsFan. FFG would say you would need 2 "green" packs if a game had 51 large cards, leaving you with 49 leftover sleeves. That's the reason why I counted up exactly how many large and small cards are in AH and its 8 expansions. Had I gone with FFG's guide, I would've ended up with 3-4 extra packs of each size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.