Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio ALBARRAN
Spain
MADRID
SPAIN
flag msg tools
HI:
I would like to know, in what moment I, like frech, can to make withdraw, in the rules seem that is in any moment, but I am not sure.
Can anybody explaim to me more in deepth
Thanks a lot
JULIO CESAR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Love the name

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may choose the default french retreat battle plan printed on the battle map for any mobile French unit during combat.

You can wait to choose default battle plans until after the enemy has resolved its battle plans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 17, Rout Check: “If a force moves behind its Reserve Region it exits the Battle. As each force exits the Battle, return the Mobile Enemy Forces to one randomly selected friendly controlled or uncontrolled Area adjacent to the Battle Area”.

If you voluntarily Retreat a Force behind your French Reserve Region, follow the above procedure.

My question is, what happens to Napoleon when you carry out a voluntary retreat with all your remaining forces? Does he remain on the Battlefield Sheet and thus I lose as in Page 3, Defeat: “If Napoleon is ever on the Battlefield Sheet without French Forces, you lose the Campaign” or does he retreat with one of the forces which voluntarily retreated?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gbailey wrote:
Page 17, Rout Check: “If a force moves behind its Reserve Region it exits the Battle. As each force exits the Battle, return the Mobile Enemy Forces to one randomly selected friendly controlled or uncontrolled Area adjacent to the Battle Area”.

If you voluntarily Retreat a Force behind your French Reserve Region, follow the above procedure.

My question is, what happens to Napoleon when you carry out a voluntary retreat with all your remaining forces? Does he remain on the Battlefield Sheet and thus I lose as in Page 3, Defeat: “If Napoleon is ever on the Battlefield Sheet without French Forces, you lose the Campaign” or does he retreat with one of the forces which voluntarily retreated?

Also from Page 17...

Quote:
If your French Forces are Routed, move the Napoleon counter to the same Campaign map Area your first Force moves towhen it exits the Battlefield.

I would assume this would also be true for a voluntary retreat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LoweringTheBar: Thanks for replying I'm not convinced about your assumption because if Napoleon retreats with the first voluntary retreat force that could possibly mean that there are forces left on the battlefield still fighting. So what happens to the number of Battle Plans, would they be modified because Napoleon is no longer there? To many if and buts to assume Napoleon operates the same as in a rout.

If you take the rules literally then it seems Napoleon can't voluntarily leave the battlefield and must fight on to the withdrawal turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, I have some game aids for Field Commander Alexander on a PDF file. How do I publish them on the FCA forum?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contemptus Mundi
United States
Cedar City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll ask the game designer to check out this thread... he's always willing to answer the tough questions.

I could be wrong about my assumption. I'm convinced if Napoleon ever ordered a retreat he would be the first one off of the battlefield and not risk himself.

To publish files simply scroll down to the FILES section of the FCA page and click on Upload files. It takes some time for the admins to approve your files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Godfrey Bailey
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gbailey wrote:
Napoleon can't voluntarily leave the battlefield and must fight on to the withdrawal turn.
Well I've been playing the game for a while now and I think we can conclude that the above rule applies. Anyway the player decides where to move Napoleon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.