Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Richter
United States
Springfield
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife's uncle is an old wargamer. He would be interested in trying a game again. His wife is Phillipino.

Aside from Conquest of Paradise (GMT), can the BGG community help me out with recommendations?

The game does not need to be a wargame. He would play a Euro with a phillipino theme.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tongiaki: Journey into the Unknown comes to mind.

Edit: it seems my geography knowledge and or memory has failed me. Tongiaki is Polynesian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manila is an enjoyablle push your luck game involving importing/smuggling items into Manila harbor.
Manila

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Where were you hiding when the storm broke?
Philippines
Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Filipino Fruit Market

Never tried this, but the designer named it for his Filipino wife. The two games in this set are not traditional Filipino games, however.

fyi, it's Philippines with two P's, but when referring to the people or the language, it's Filipino. (example: "I am Filipino" and "I speak Filipino")

This one is a card game that nearly everyone knows how to play over here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pusoy_Dos

If he doesn't mind a little creative license, you could try Chinatown and pretend it's the Divisoria shopping mall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
WeTheMeeple wrote:
My wife's uncle is an old wargamer. He would be interested in trying a game again. His wife is Phillipino.

Aside from Conquest of Paradise (GMT), can the BGG community help me out with recommendations?

The game does not need to be a wargame. He would play a Euro with a phillipino theme.

Thanks

Careful...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.