Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'd be pretty swell if I could just wire my wishlist up to the "Want In Trade" list, perhaps setting a minimum level, like "3" as where I'll trade for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just going to post this exact request. I put a lot of work into keeping my wishlist up to date and commented. It doesn't make a lot of sense to duplicate this effort in a want list as well.

I really would like to see this implemented!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm considering updating the wiki again to account for new features. I've been rather inactive for a while. What is a wirelist?

I think you are suggesting that you want the wantlist set if the game has a wishlist rating from 1-3. In that case what is needed is an option to search for games which have wishlist rating between ratings.

* Search wishlist 1-3 & wantlist = yes - To see all such games in your list.

* Now to find inconsistencies:
-Search wishlist 1-3 & wantlist = no - To see games in your list which have wantlist wrong set to No.
-Search wishlist 4-5 & wantlist = yes - To see games in your list which have wantlist wrongly set to Yes.

Of hand, I'd agree that the wishlist/wantlist options are somewhat confusing.

There are several other aspects that are puzzling. A lot of "web published" games are making it into the database. I guess someone might sell you their home made copy of a game, but does it really make sense to mark such a game "want to buy?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
OK, I'm considering updating the wiki again to account for new features. I've been rather inactive for a while. What is a "wirelist?"
I think it was a typo. I think "wirelist" is suppose to be "wishlist".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dshortdesign wrote:
herace wrote:
OK, I'm considering updating the wiki again to account for new features. I've been rather inactive for a while. What is a "wirelist?"
I think it was a typo. I think "wirelist" is suppose to be "wishlist".

Corrected in original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So no love for this request? Any admins want to weigh in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Raabe
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add, I really wish we could make our own custom categories for wishlists. Three levels of want, one of don't want, and one reminder isn't enough. At the very least I'd like more than three levels of want. Ideally I'd like to be able to make either multiple wishlists or describe my own levels of want; at least 10 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.