Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please explain interceptions for me in detail? For some reason I just can't wrap my brain around it.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly.

In lay-mans terms, if the opposing coach initiates a pass action and you have someone standing on the field who's square would be underneath the passing ruler while measuring that pass, they are a potential interceptor.

You have to roll for the interception before any of the passing sequence happens. You get -2 to the roll just for trying, -1 for tackle zones and maybe =1 if your player has Very long Legs.

eg. AG 4 Player player in no tackle zones would intercept on a 5 or 6.

If the interception roll is good, it's an automatic turnover. If not, carry out the passing sequence as per usual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First you declare a Pass Action for your player.
You may move to pick up the ball if you don't already have it (use normal move rules).
- You roll to pick up the ball (using normal pick-up rules).
You move to the place you want to throw from (using normal move rules).
You grab the range ruler and determine who you are passing to (this sets the range).
Pass Blocking players may move if they can end up adjacent to the thrower, the target or a legal interception space. (They have to show they can make it there in 3 moves and they can't stop until they end up there or fall down). They move using normal movement rules but cannot be followed using Shadow.
Your opponent makes an AG roll for one player who can intercept, because of the -2 it usually takes a 6. You get +1 for Very Long Legs and +1 for Extra Arms, but Tackle Zones (unless Nerves of Steel) and Disturbing Presence apply. If he fails he may re-roll if his player has Catch or try to get a re-roll if his player has Pro (4+ to get to re-roll).
If you are intercepted and your player has Safe Throw he can roll an unmodified AG roll to cancel the interception, unless the player doing the interception has Very Long Legs.
If intercepted it is a turnover (unless on a dump-off).
If not intercepted you roll for the pass (using normal rules).

Obviously there are a few more steps (fumbling the pass, scattering inaccurate passes, etc) but that covers the interception part pretty well I think. Those are the rules. I think it is one of the most poorly written rules in that Safe Throw should happen before the interception roll, as the success of interception should not be cancelled by a Safe Throw roll after the fact (unless you still get your SPP and you don't).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks alot guys.

So it doesn't matter how close to the thrower the person doing the interception is? Just as long as they are inbetween the catcher and the thrower, and under the range ruler?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct except if they are in the TZ of the catcher or thrower and don't have Nerves of Steel (then they would get an additional -1). Remember a 6 is always an interception, unless the thrower has Safe Throw and makes his roll (unless intercepting player has Very Long Legs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
The closer/farther rule your tripping over (I think) is meant to mean that you have to be between the passer and intended receiver. You can't be beside them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.