Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Had an interesting situation come up the other day:

Were playing with the Winds of War variant and the Onyx Dragon Agent. The seeker had a "Spy In the Camp" purple card Another hero on their turn discarded a purple card to roll a die trying to defeat the Dragon Agent. He rolled a 4. The Seeker used her "Deadly Blade Ability" discarding the "Spy In The Camp" purple card to use as Battle Luck enabling the Hero to re-roll his dice.

Question: I ruled that the card she discarded for her deadly blade ability would not be counted as a purple card for the purposes of "Winds of War", correct? This would also have applied if using the Brimstone Agent. This Dragon Agent would not move if she was using her a purple card with her special ability. Correct?

Figure this would also apply if the Seeker had a purple "Battle Luck Card" If she did not use her deadly blade ability it would count for "Winds of War" If she did use this Battle Luck card for her Deadly Blade ability, it would again go to the discard pile and not effect wins of war, correct?

(Realize she would never discard a Battle Luck Card and not use her ability since this card would be perminantly out of play, but I brought it up as an interesting example. Then again if she ever gets hit with a Global Effect Card neutralizing her deadly blade ability, she may have to.)

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We rule that only the Special Cards that have been used for their special ability (on the card) are added to the Winds of War deck. Not Special Cards that are used for dice against Generals or for powering Hero special abilities or as defense against Agents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb

While I was asking for comfirmation, that is how I play too and for this example it would fit within this. Like the way you summed this up Donato.

Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Donato is correct. Special Cards used by the Seeker in this way are not considered used as Special cards and do not trigger Winds of War or Brimstone.

Thanks - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.