Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
German player has initiative and during his discard phase plays card 13 "Summer Campaign".

Playing this card I assume I discard down to two cards, play this card and can now draw 7 cards? - OR - play this card draw 3 cards, look them over, decide which to keep, discard down to two and then draw 4.

I played it that you drew 3 additional cards besides the normal 4. But my opponent played card 36 "Hitler's Inerference" which would have him cancel the effect and place it in his hand, but I had card 31 "Stalin's Interference" and canceled his card and thus placing it in my hand.

We played it out that he tried to cancel card 13, but was foiled by my canceling of his card, so I was able to play card 13.

.....and what did I do right or wrong please?

Cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You played it right!

The cards allows you to draw 3 extra cards, plus your 4 allotted normal Player-Turn draw (for a total of 7).

And you also foiled his attempt to cancel your card with "Stalin's Interference" and you were thus indeed able to play card #13.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Sensi (deep bow)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
zhodanicommando wrote:
Thank you Sensi (deep bow)

BTW, very nice card play sequence! This means that at the start of your turn, after the discards, you had both of these German event cards in your hand, right?

I also sense a very unhappy Stalin here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I had no idea yet of what cards could be out there (didn't study the deck), but I just had a feeling my opponent would have some god awful surprise for me so I kept it, and of course I couldn't let go of the three extra. It was fate, but alas we played the first game wrong anyways and barely got out of the gate because I missed the part about advancing more than one hex if the first hex didn't stop you etc.

Cheers
Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.