Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I read in an earlier post that Sevastopol (German Objective hex) can not trace an Overland supply route. But it can be used as an Alternate supply route because of the Black Sea.

For Objective victory it states that you have to have so many (year dependent) Objective hexes in supply. So I assume if a German Unit takes Sevastopol that it will count as an in supply objective hex (because of Alternate supply) for victory and provide alternate supply for the German unit occupying it. Do I have this right?

Cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YES. This is exactly right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I had a really hard time getting my head wrapped around the victory conditions and how a count was kept, thank goodness my face to face opponent figured it out and explained it in Kevin language It is so different than what we are used to it threw me a bit, but we really like how it's done.

We also screwed up the advancing after combat bit in the first game we played (just 41), with only my infantry advancing one, and Armor two if against infantry. We played a second game after we figured it out and what a difference it made, now we understand the importance of the advance stopping terrrian. I ended up losing by one victory point playing as the German (again 41), but it was tense for both of us and we think this is a game that has a lot of replay.

Again thank you Sensi for your quick response.

Cheers
Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the good words! Do read the examples of play and game tips, they are very useful in figuring out some rules.

BTW no sweat if you do some important rules wrong: you can set-up the campaign game again in a few minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.