Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Koepke
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that we can now pre-order the pack through sirlingames.com. I have mine already ordered and really hope they mats and screens are as good as they look.

I really enjoy the support Sirlin gives to his games and hope to get my hands on the upgrade soon to give it try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgrade pack? Thanks for the heads up. Had no idea.

EDIT- Hmm, I already printed/laminated mats. And the new stuff won't fit in the original box. I wonder how different the upgraded char chips are? The image is kind of small to compare. I wish I could just buy the character chips separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Superb idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be availalbe elsewhere? Does anyone who preorder how much shipping to Europe would be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
$15 shipping to Europe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunther Schmidl
Austria
Linz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ScottE wrote:

EDIT- Hmm, I already printed/laminated mats. And the new stuff won't fit in the original box. I wonder how different the upgraded char chips are? The image is kind of small to compare. I wish I could just buy the character chips separately.

http://gallery.me.com/sirlin#100171&bgcolor=white has full-size images of everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
gschmidl wrote:
ScottE wrote:

http://gallery.me.com/sirlin#100171&bgcolor=white has full-size images of everything.

Wow! 21 of the 30 chips got changed!! Now I really wish I could just buy the chips by themselves. That's not just a revision, that's a major edition change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
colin langton
United States
California
flag msg tools
well, 17 really. Chromatic Orb, Big Rocks, and Double Take were just reworded, and Creative Thoughts is just there so you can see which chip Three Colors actually replaced. but yeah, the original point of the upgrade pack was to fix some balance and fun issues with the original character chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Koepke
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the play-mats and game screens were things that people wanted. So, I can imagine that producing just the chips wouldn't be as much of a worthwhile package on their own with all the shipping and production costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I was enthused about the adjusted chips, but...$25 for them? To get some fixes for a game I already bought? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone got any bright ideas for a storage solution using the main game's box once this comes out?

I already took out the insert in anticipation, for now I've seperated chips into small plastic bags like the kind jewelery sometimes comes in. This makes randomizing the puzzle chips easier too because I can just randomly pick some of the plastic baggies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
United States
Saginaw
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all over this like white on rice. For those who are skeptical, try out the rejiggered characters on the fantasystrike.com website. A couple of them have been dramatically improved. Geiger in particular is terrific.

And unless I'm mistaken, those new screens are mounted cardboard. Pretty swanky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I really like what was done with Geiger in the upgrade, he feels like such a complete character now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
SirHandsome wrote:
Anyone got any bright ideas for a storage solution using the main game's box once this comes out? I already took out the insert in anticipation, for now I've seperated chips into plastic bags. This makes randomizing the puzzle chips easier too

Has anyone thought of finding some small "POG" containers? Would these work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Rosendal
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have already put in my order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Brechlin
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
StormKnight wrote:
Huh. I was enthused about the adjusted chips, but...$25 for them? To get some fixes for a game I already bought? shake

He does produce a print-and-play if you want to playtest the fixes first; that's what I did until I had played a couple games and realized how much more fun the game is with the changes.

He also said $25 is pretty much cost for him; he's using it as a way to get Puzzle Strike's demand back up, not to make profit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You can also playtest them on fantasystrike.com/dev .

Me, I just printed the images and kept them on-hand as errata. It doesn't take very long to burn into your brain what your character chips do now, to remember stuff like "Living on the Edge gives me one less draw now, but it gives me a black action arrow rather than a purple one". It's not like they change over the course of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So here is the question: Should someone who had not yet purchased puzzle strike hold off until the game is reprinted and hopefully includes these improved chips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
So here is the question: Should someone who had not yet purchased puzzle strike hold off until the game is reprinted and hopefully includes these improved chips?

Because that's not a certainty at this point (and if it does happen it'll be down the road) if you want the game I'd recommend just getting the "bundle pack" which gives I think $10 off when purchasing the base game + upgrade pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.