Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the situation we've run into a couple of times now, and although I think we're doing it right, I'd like others' opinions.

Assume I'm the British player.

I have settled Ft. Stanwix via Albany. A few turns later, the French player successfully raids Ft. Stanwix, returning it to neutral status. On my next turn I happen to have the Albany location card, the Ft. Stanwix location card, a bateaux card and a fortfication card in my hand.

So here's my question: It is obviously ok for me to re-settle Ft. Stanwix using the Albany and bateaux cards. What is not so clear is whether I could then play the Ft. Stanwix card (remember, it's in my hand) and the fortification card plus three money to both settle and fortify the location in the same turn. Opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
This would be possible. If you have a cube in the location at the time that you wish to use the card then that card is usuable, you need to think of the two actions as being discrete events.

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you do it in that sequence, it is per the rules. I use this 'trick' when I am being raided a lot. Usually fortification goes into reserve, maybe the 'dead' card to until the cards in hand finally align to pull this off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ramsey
Canada
North Delta
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Martin & Scott,

That makes sense. Also, I should have gone a few pages deeper in the rules forum before posting, I noticed after I posted that there is a nearly identical topic from a little over a month ago (he even used the Ft. Stanwix example - doh!). Anyways, thanks again for the quick reply! And thank-you Martin for producing such an excellent game - my friends and I have really been enjoying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.