Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Not sure where this goes???? But I'm ready! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tia Bright
msg tools
Hello, I am new to BGG and I was wondering if anyone knows of any game manufacturing companies that make magnetic game boards and pawns from start to finish. I am looking to do a run of at least 5000 gameboards but I have yet to find any companies that specialize in dealing with magnetics. Thanks in advance for any information or suggestions you can give!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at alibaba.com and search for any of the following: magnetic game, magnetic game board, magnetic game set, etc. You will find plenty of companies that can accommodate you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tia Bright
msg tools
Lool Lee, yes I actually made the game about 2 years ago!Since then I have had over 50 people play it and even offer me money to purchase it, even with it being a prototype made from my own hands! The game is made for only one player and focuses on how personal development. So you can say that it's a game.... but it's really not a game it only appears as one. If you get what I mean!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tia Bright
msg tools
Hey Nick, yeah I went on alibaba several times and it feels like its a game in its self and I'm the pawn! I guess I may need to go back on there because I'm nott finding anything on google! Thank you Nick and I appreciate the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I *THINK* it would be easier if you can find some sort of sourcing company in China who have experience connecting Chinese manufacturer to the Western world.

Alibaba is really more like a tool to connect people but ultimately you need some face time with a real person.

Edit: Come to think of it you might as well let the factory do the manufacturing of the games also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve randall
United Kingdom
Loughton
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it helps, but a few years ago I was developing a game that involved smuggling and was using a magnetic sheet to show wear the "smuggled items" were stashed.

I used a silk screen printer (thankfully my brother) as they can print directly onto magnetic sheet - or virtually any material for that matter.

You may want to contact a local screen printer to find out set up costs and could do smaller runs as required.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.