Earth Reborn» Forums » General

Subject: Looking into purchase. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Werner

Avon
Ohio
msg tools
Hey guys. I'm very interested in buying this game, but I was wondering if someone could go over how line of sight is determined. I have watched several reviews on this game and they go to explain the arcs on the characters bases are used for line of sight. So does the game expect players to literally bust out a ruler and line things up? I play with a very nit picky group of players and if the game doesnt have a definitive boolean yes-or-no line of sight system we will spend most of our time arguing whether something is in line of sight, even with a ruler.

Please let me know how it works and what you guys think. Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Nope, all character LOS are laid out as quadrants and halves on the character base, so it's all 90- or 45-degree angles. No rulers needed.

LOS for us has never been more than a glance to check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Werner

Avon
Ohio
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply Jonathan.

Can your characters face only the 4 cardinal directions? Or can you position them at any angle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
vidjogamer wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply Jonathan.

Can your characters face only the 4 cardinal directions? Or can you position them at any angle?

Orthagonally only; no diagonal facings. I absolutely recommend this game. One of the prizes of my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Werner

Avon
Ohio
msg tools
Awesome! Thanks a lot. Ordering now =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vidjogamer wrote:

You position them to face one of the 4 cardinal directions, but characters vary individually in terms of how many degrees are included in their front (and side and rear) arcs. Look closely at the bases in this image to see what I'm talking about:

There are actually two facing arcs, the one for melee (with the knife symbol) is on the inside, and the one for fire is on the outside. The game has many such elements: simple rules that provide sophisticated nuances and variations for a very rich play experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.