David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. All the Locusts activated against me ("attack you", "not the nearest COG figure"). The first Locust caused me to bleed out. Do all the other Locusts target somebody else now, or are their activations ignored since I'm bleeding out, and it was an "attack you" activation.

2. Each wretch is activated. The first wretch caused another wretch to spawn via his omen ability. Does this newly spawned wretch also activate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deckard Cole
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Messed up my reply.

#1 I play that they no longer attack as the cards do a good job of giving you "IF, AND, OR" options if ones meant to apply. Meaning "All Locusts attack you" "IF you cannot be attacked they attack the next nearest marine" for example.

#2 I use the rule most other games seem to use which is the card or rule only applies to currently spawned creatures (Locusts in this case).
So, no they would not be activated if spawned on that turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
1. All the Locusts activated against me ("attack you", "not the nearest COG figure"). The first Locust caused me to bleed out. Do all the other Locusts target somebody else now, or are their activations ignored since I'm bleeding out, and it was an "attack you" activation.

Rules page 21, under "Bleeding Out": "AI cards ignore COGs that are bleeding out. Locusts cannot attack bleeding out figures. A bleeding out active player still makes all choices on the card, and if the card refers to "you", the card instead targets any other COG of the active player's choice."

selwyth wrote:

2. Each wretch is activated. The first wretch caused another wretch to spawn via his omen ability. Does this newly spawned wretch also activate?

We've been playing the newly spawned Locust can follow the current AI card, but I would be happy to find out this was wrong!
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the game wretches always appeared in groups of 5 or more and all charged simultaneously. It seems to me to be thematically broken for a couple to linger back. So i think I'll be playing it that they all charge in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the video game, wretches sometimes do hang back behind cover, move erratically etc.

Diff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john rees
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:

I have found the AI cards a little open to interpretation also.
With the event general card we played thus.
With the if condition met the locusts one by one start to move towards you and attack you if they move into your area.
If you bleed out the next possible attacker does nothing after moving, but they all finish the if condition by moving 2 towards you

The wretch question is like a hard or easier mode decision, we played that they all activated, as it seemed to fit better with the flow of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.