Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Chiu
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If Tokyo is empty and you're the first attack, moving into Tokyo is not optional correct? In other words a player can't say "naaah, I'd rather not go in there".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what can make that 3rd roll so dangerous in the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Goodwin
United States
Grayslake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, but if you are going to go in, might as well go in with full health...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're a giant monster. Destroying Tokyo is what you DO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for a game about being the King of Tokyo, it sure is strange how often the right choice is to stay out of Tokyo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G S
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
for a game about being the King of Tokyo, it sure is strange how often the right choice is to stay out of Tokyo!

Yes, I feel like this is my only major problem with the game, and I hope that future expansions will fix this one thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Z. Martin
United States
Moscow
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the first claw signifies a move into Tokyo, but what happens if u roll more than one? Are they void? Do u get the benefits of the other dice or does play move to next player?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zjm23 wrote:
I know the first claw signifies a move into Tokyo, but what happens if u roll more than one? Are they void? Do u get the benefits of the other dice or does play move to next player?

Thanks!

Yes, only the first [CLAW] is forcing you to move into Tokyo, the other ones are void. Nobody takes damage (unless you are the second monster to enter Tokyo, in this case, ALL the damages are dealt to the monster in Tokyo and you move into Tokyo Bay).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it only for resolved claws? To me, the rules read as if it is the first rolled claw puts you in Tokyo. Even if you choose to re-roll that die, you still go into Tokyo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No dice get resolved until you are done with your re-rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SPBTooL wrote:
Is it only for resolved claws? To me, the rules read as if it is the first rolled claw puts you in Tokyo. Even if you choose to re-roll that die, you still go into Tokyo.

That is incorrect: only a [CLAW] after your LAST roll (ie. phase of resolution of the dice) will force you to move into Tokyo.

This is why it is sometime wise to forfeit your third roll in your first move in a 5-6 player game if you didn't roll any [CLAW] yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IelloGames wrote:
zjm23 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, only the first [CLAW] is forcing you to move into Tokyo, the other ones are void. Nobody takes damage.

Unless you are entering Tokyo Bay. One damage to go in, the rest onto the monster already in Tokyo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
IelloGames wrote:
zjm23 wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, only the first [CLAW] is forcing you to move into Tokyo, the other ones are void. Nobody takes damage.

Unless you are entering Tokyo Bay. One damage to go in, the rest onto the monster already in Tokyo.

Thanks for the remark, I edited my previous reply, BTW ALL the damages go to the monster in Tokyo, there is no "one damage to go in".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quick follow-up on this for 5-6: At the start, the first person to resolve claws must go into Tokyo City. But once that person is in, he can run away at the first strike right? Meaning there could be a 6P game where Tokyo Bay is never occupied if people are extremely cowardly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AstroLad wrote:
Quick follow-up on this for 5-6: At the start, the first person to resolve claws must go into Tokyo City. But once that person is in, he can run away at the first strike right? Meaning there could be a 6P game where Tokyo Bay is never occupied if people are extremely cowardly.

That's true. You can always leave when attacked, and nobody goes to Tokyo Bay unless the player in Tokyo elects to remain there. Note that in a 5-6 player game, nobody enters Tokyo Bay after the number of players still alive falls to 4 or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
AstroLad wrote:

That's true. You can always leave when attacked, and nobody goes to Tokyo Bay unless the player in Tokyo elects to remain there. Note that in a 5-6 player game, nobody enters Tokyo Bay after the number of players still alive falls to 4 or less.

Yes thanks. We actually forgot that second part once and it made for a really weird endgame. :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.