Subject: Grenade Kamikaze rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you drop a grenade into your current area?

If so, you roll 1 defense die for yourself also?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deckard Cole
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
You cannot target yourself or allies with weapons. You can however be effected by a weapons blast if it effects the space. This being said I don't think you can drop a grenade in the space you're in if there is no Locust present BUT if there is at least one in the same space as you or other marines then yes you can take damage from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grenade is the only weapon that targets an area instead of a specific character.

There was one game where I stood on top of the emergence hole alone, and with just 1 card in my hand and with the Emergence hole opening AI card coming up any moment, I just dropped a grenade into my current area in an attempt to seal it, and wonder if that's legal.

Of course, it failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deckard Cole
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I think it is..my translation was even though it targets an area and not a figure that the "you cant attack allies" rule strictly applies if there is no other enemy (or objectives in this case) targets available.
Meaning you couldn't just toss a grenade into a room with 2 buddies and nothing else..I mean I suppose you could buy why? In your example the emergence hole counts as a target so it's fair game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spazwaldo wrote:
I think it is..my translation was even though it targets an area and not a figure that the "you cant attack allies" rule strictly applies if there is no other enemy (or objectives in this case) targets available.
Meaning you couldn't just toss a grenade into a room with 2 buddies and nothing else..I mean I suppose you could buy why? In your example the emergence hole counts as a target so it's fair game.

Agreed, especially since it's a sound tactical choice in this instance.

Also, if you're playing scenario 1, note that you don't use AI card 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card 7? Is that the open-emergence-hole card? I thought there were only 6 General AI cards in the game box.

Uh oh... and I double-checked to make sure I seeded the right General AI cards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethala wrote:
Also, if you're playing scenario 1, note that you don't use AI card 7

Really? That's why this was so difficult for us! I need to read more carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Grenade is the only weapon that targets an area instead of a specific character.

The mortar does, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first scenario I played the card that allows you to move into an area and attack with +1 attack dice. There was a Boomer in the area with an emergence hole (yes we missed the setup step where you close them off). I moved into the same area, dropped a grenade, killed the Boomer, took some damage myself from the grenade...but did not seal the emergence hole. Rats.

Oh what fun. I just hope it was all legal.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.