Seth E.

Florida
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As some of you may know, #1 rated game on BoardGameGeek, Twilight Struggle, has been out of print for some time now. Here is a chance for some of you fine, fellow gamers, to have a chance in being apart of the reprinting and ownership of this great board game.

As part of GMT's P500 program, when the number of pre-orders of Twilight Struggle Deluxe Edition reaches 500 (currently at 407 pre-orders), GMT will begin the re-printing process. As an added bonus, people who pre-order will receive their copy at a cost of only $38, instead of the regular price of $60. Pre-ordering is free, directly from GMT, and you only pay when the item is ready to ship.

Here is a link to the pre-order page: http://www.gmtgames.com/p-347-twilight-struggle-deluxe-editi...

P.S. I don't work for GMT, I just really want this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Soller
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the latest GMT release schedule, they said that Twilight Struggle will be shipped at the beginning of October 2011.

http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=205
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twilight Struggle already has an early October production slot, per GMT's Web site.

Edit: Just a bit too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT said several months ago that they would be reprinting Twilight Struggle, regardless of how many pre-orders it got. They only added it to their P500 list so that some people could get it at a discounted price before it went on sale.

I pre-ordered mine a few weeks back, and also ordered the custom dice through the BGG Twilight Struggle forum even before the pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worseley
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea what shipping is like there? I notice we don't see the shipping prices but there will be some tacked on later when it ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worseley wrote:
Any idea what shipping is like there? I notice we don't see the shipping prices but there will be some tacked on later when it ships?

There is a shipping matrix on their site, though it's a bit difficult to read. I did inquire a while back what shipping would be to the US East Coast with my P500 order, and I believe the quoted shipping price still made the game cheaper than its $60 retail price. Either way, I'm directly supporting what most people seem to agree is a top-notch company (this is my first GMT game, so I haven't yet formed an opinion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.