Subject: Suggested contents change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://dogfightccg.blogspot.com/2011/09/suggested-contents-c...

With the current decision to remove "energy counter" bits from the Core Sets we've been able to reduce the cost of each set to $36.99. It would be better to reduce the cost a bit further if possible.

There are currently 10 sheets of cards set up for each of the soon to be released Core Sets (not including the 2 sheets for the game map). The arrangements for the final versions of these sets will reduce each deck by about 6 cards, from 60 cards per deck to 54 cards per deck. This difference would make it possible to reduce the price to $34.99 USD at The Game Crafter.

This change could be implemented in the pre-release as well. We're still play testing the Core Sets. This could be finished in another couple weeks. To better utilize that time it would be best to test the decks that are actually going to be included in the pre-releases. With that said, what does the tribe have to say about the reduced deck size and the reduced price tag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talarius Dunedain
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Hellboy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own your game, but I've had my eye on it for a long time. If those 18 cards provide a decent step-up in re-playability I would rather see them kept in the Core Sets. @ 11 cents per card, that's not much to pay for greater game-play possibilities.

If you like the idea of pricing it around $35, what about dropping the dice from the set? I've got plenty of d10's lying around the house. I suspect many of your other customers will too, as I would assume your customer base is already fairly experienced in the gaming hobby.

I'll keep an eye on your progress. I like the idea of these Core Sets and look forward to seeing how they turn out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charleston James
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point I think the reduced decks will actually help the replayability of the core sets. With this slight reduction in cards I have to make different choices as to what those cards are. In addition to that, a few card changes have to be made according to our play testing. So I think the reduced decks will actually play better (the less-is-more rule of thumb seems to strike again, as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.