Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my attempt at a simple backstory to connect the anachronistic nature of the game, which some are complaining about. Seems silly to me, as there are plenty of instances in ST where time travel or beings like Q are factors that would allow for this kind of combination, but anyway...

There they all were, in one sector of space; the Enterprise-A, Enterprise-D, Enterprise-E and a Miranda-Class ship, in what appeared to be a face-off with Klingon ships spanning generations of time... Comms were buzzing, alerts were sounding, and the crews from all of the ships were frantically checking for system anomalies, but it all made sense when they saw the same face appear on their screens. It was Q, and the words he said generated a palpable groan that could be felt across the vacuum of space; "Time for another test, humans."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sims
Australia
Kangaroo Flat
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Everything is possible with Q!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Zaghis
Italy
Sesto San Giovanni
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
TOO MANY GAMES FOR A SINGLE LIFE.. I'll have to consider undeath...
mbmbmbmbmb
"You [humans] reveal yourselves best in how you play."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Vista
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I loved TNG I always loathed Q. Not only because with an omnipotent character you can do whatever you want no matter how irrational, but also because of his pompous nature. Last month met John De Lancie at the Star Trek convention in Las Vegas. Interesting to note he was just as much of an ass as Q. Must of been type-casting.

However, yes for those that need justification for this game's mixing of timeframes he will work. Also I think that the expansions will give you more of an opportunity to stay age specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an alternative for those that don't like Q:

Captain's Log Stardate.....I don't actually know when:
I woke to see Bones staring down at me....he smiled and told me that we did it. After the anomaly threw the Enterprise into the great emptiness of space beyond our galaxy...we had no choice. It would take us decades to get back...so I ordered the whole crew into stasis. McCoy woke first and then he woke me. We were back in Federation space after so many years. I made contact with the admiralty. It seems that the war with the Klingons was going as strong as ever and they would need every ship we have... even our old Enterprise...

This could work just as well with a time portal instead of putting them in stasis. I figure that by taking Kirk and his crew out of circulation, the war with the kligons is prolonged until Picard's era.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
As much as I loved TNG I always loathed Q. Not only because with an omnipotent character you can do whatever you want no matter how irrational, but also because of his pompous nature.

I think he was great in small doses as a mirror and foil for humanity. He is not meant to be loved as a character, and so I think he works successfully as that role. "Tapestry" is one of my all-time favorite Star Trek episodes from any of the series, and that has a very prominent Q.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I loved Q, great villain. The only ST:TNG videos I own is the special "Q" VHS collection they put out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
I loved Q, great villain. The only ST:TNG videos I own is the special "Q" VHS collection they put out.

Yeah I actually am quite a fan as well. He's a great foil for the straight-laced Picard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.