Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I display my collection by selecting My Geek>Collection

I have a hyperlink in the comment field for one of the game entries.

Selecting the hyperlink opens the link in a new tab which is great.

Is there a way to avoid opening he dialog box for the collection/comment field too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try explicitly middle- / wheel-clicking to get a new tab, but I suspect however it works is how it works. Note that other people looking at your collection won't have the problem since they don't have the ability to edit your comments. Essentially, it's a trade-off between easy column editing and supporting hyperlinks which aren't explicitly allowed there. If they had to add an edit button, the collection list would look a lot messier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt!!!!

You're a genius. Clicking with mouse wheel does open the link without opening the dialog box.

I tried various keyboard keys and couldn't find something that worked. Now that I know that there is a way, there is probably some right mouse + key that would work also.

Many thanks,
Herb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be right click / open in new tab, and trying my own collection, a right click doesn't open the edit dialog any more than a middle click does.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt,

Your right pushing down the right mouse button, then clicking on the "/", and finally releasing the mouse button opens the mouse options dialog box from which I can open the link without opening up the editing box for the column entry.

No doubt this depends on pc platform, and browser. I am running windows xp with Firefox. Too lazy to test with other browsers I have installed.

I did a website for the local chapter of a professional group and the lack of standardization becomes apparent. I found a website that would do screen shots with a multitude of different versions and the difference in the results was amazing. Mostly still readable but little spacing glitches here and there for just the static display of the page.

Thanks again,
Herb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.