Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Philippe Tremblay
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there! i just complete a mission that i try many times, and fail as many times!! i want to confirm if the strategy(imposed by the villain) is OK.

but today i replay this quest, i start up with the db.Fighter and get whooped a couple turn later... my 2nd character was the cleric, who by exploring ans exploring reveal the Klak Villain... and the everything came inm place...

that little scum was spreading tiles from the bottom, and monsters, i take another way to explore some more(from the top...) and find out another villan(that i blast off!) the more often possible i was using the healing strike or the undead attack vs them(cleraing the way).

after beating up the 2nd villain, the golem reach the entrance and dealing me more & more dmg a turn, but Klak reveal a tile who connedted with my space, i reach him and finish him!!

the main fact is that the monsters were coming with a certain delay, i collect treasures step by step, healing + untapping a few powers, and this little bastard keep feeding me!! revealing monsters/other villain...

for the record, i complete this mission with 2 characters, reaching 2nd level with both of them!! crawling into many many many encounters, spending many many XP to avoid some of them.

that's it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! It's always nice to finally get a tough adventure done.

I think the adventure is very doable with Thorgrim for the exact reasons you just described. Healing Strike hits more often than not, and Lance of Faith gets rid of Wraiths and Blazing Skeletons reliably.
Thorgrim's kryptonite is clearly the Werewolf, but as long as you are lucky enough to stay out of her way, you should be fine.

In regards to Klak, I don't see anything wrong with the way you used the kobold. The problem is just that, sooner or later, you often get swarmed and overwhelmed by monsters. This is, however, much more dangerous in cooperative games due to multiple monsters of the same type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Tremblay
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
in fact, it is 1 monster per one or two turns... depending of the new tile drawn!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't it be 1 or 2 monsters per turn? One for Klak's exploration of the bottom tile and one for you for exploring from the top of the tile stack.

The tiles themselves only matter in regards to Encounter Cards (black triangle = draw one, white = don't).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Tremblay
Canada
Laval
Québec
flag msg tools
mb
yes, of course!! but when Klak moves to a tile, he does not reveal monster, only when he is aleready on tils without hero and with unexplored edges...

and yes whan i was exploring i have new monsters but with the delay with klak monsters coming to me and the time i reveal new monster i have enough time to clean the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, of course. I forgot that the little pest has to move from tile to tile when he's running out of unexplored edges. Hmm, guess today would be a good day to play a game of Castle Ravenloft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.