Subject: Recognition in multiplayer battles and other questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a battle with multiple players, who gets the recognition reward? All players from the winning side who did not escape?

2 player game: there's one docking event which spurs a battle between neutrals, say the active player joins one side of the battle. Will that player control two ships? (His ship plus the neutral one on his side?)

Finally, this is almost obvious but just to be clear, I assume there is no form of collective victory in the game, is there? (So, players in the same league would not win together)

sorry if any of these already came up, I couldn't find them in the threads.

cheers,
alessio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Alessio,

Sorry for some slight delay in my reply.

sirale wrote:
In a battle with multiple players, who gets the recognition reward? All players from the winning side who did not escape?

All players in the winning side, who are still alive and in battle when the battle ends.

Quote:
2 player game: there's one docking event which spurs a battle between neutrals, say the active player joins one side of the battle. Will that player control two ships? (His ship plus the neutral one on his side?)

If you play 2-player game in a way that both players have 2 ships which are permanently allied with each other, then yes, you have two ships on your side.

Quote:
Finally, this is almost obvious but just to be clear, I assume there is no form of collective victory in the game, is there? (So, players in the same league would not win together)

Assumption is correct. There is no collective victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Serafini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Timo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurélien P.
France
Jacou
flag msg tools
mbmb
Eridis wrote:
Hello Alessio,

Sorry for some slight delay in my reply.

sirale wrote:

All players in the winning side, who are still alive and in battle when the battle ends.

Quote:

If you play 2-player game in a way that both players have 2 ships which are permanently allied with each other, then yes, you have two ships on your side.

Quote:

So, if 2 players with 7 recognition points are allied and gain a point for killing another player, they are at 8 point at the same time. who is the winner ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bloodyraoul wrote:

Quote:

So, if 2 players with 7 recognition points are allied and gain a point for killing another player, they are at 8 point at the same time. who is the winner ?

The killing is done by one person, always, as the enemy ship is blown to pieces by a single card.

Thus, even when you team up, there can not be collective victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurélien P.
France
Jacou
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, so, even if 2 players have 8 recognition points at the end of the combat, the winner is the player who play the last attack and kill the enemy ?

to see if I understand well :
A combat with 4 players in two teams of two players.
if a team kill the other, each member of the winning team earn 2 points : 1 recognition point for each killed captain ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bloodyraoul wrote:
Ok, so, even if 2 players have 8 recognition points at the end of the combat, the winner is the player who play the last attack and kill the enemy ?

to see if I understand well :
A combat with 4 players in two teams of two players.
if a team kill the other, each member of the winning team earn 2 points : 1 recognition point for each killed captain ?

Yes, that would be correct. Only exception is that if that would actually cause two persons to win, then the tie in winning is resolved by checking who did the killing blow to that ship which caused the two players to 'win'. Then only the one who did the killing blow would win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurélien P.
France
Jacou
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, thank you, it is clear.
Last question about combats :
Recognition point are won during the combat or only at the end ?
If I have a mission which give me a point during combat (M08 or M18 for example), is it possible to win before the end of the combat or must we end it ?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bloodyraoul wrote:
Ok, thank you, it is clear.
Last question about combats :
Recognition point are won during the combat or only at the end ?

In the end of battle.

Quote:
If I have a mission which give me a point during combat (M08 or M18 for example), is it possible to win before the end of the combat or must we end it ?
thanks

Mission card claiming is action by itself. You can only claim missions when you're docked.

See p. 25
A player can claim only one mission as 'fulfilled' per game turn and he must be docked on a Planet or Space Station to do so.The claimed mission card is discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurélien P.
France
Jacou
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you !
no more questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.