Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules say that a leader can be chosen to take a disruption, and that in this case he counts as having a leadership value of zero for the rest of the battle. But ... once the tactics chit for a battle have been chosen, what difference does a leader's rating make? I don't see where it comes into play.

Which sounds to me like a player could use leaders to "absorb" disruptions to avoid losing troops.

Unless I'm missing something, leaders should not be allowed to be chosen to receive hits until all combat units are eliminated or disrupted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
I just noticed that someone asked this question in the ConsimWorld folder for this game (post #71). The Q&A is quoted below. The answer is from the designer, Joe Miranda:

Quote:
-Leader disruption: the rules (21.3) state that "a disrupted leader has his leadership value reduced to zero for the remainder of that battle." What effect does this have exactly on combat?
May the affected player still play Tactics markers?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
G Haggerty wrote:
I just noticed that someone asked this question in the ConsimWorld folder for this game (post #71). The Q&A is quoted below. The answer is from the designer, Joe Miranda:

Quote:
-Leader disruption: the rules (21.3) state that "a disrupted leader has his leadership value reduced to zero for the remainder of that battle." What effect does this have exactly on combat?
May the affected player still play Tactics markers?

No.

More fodder for the Q&A file. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, depending, I presume, on how many leaders are in the battle and how many tactics markers you have committed. Most of the time I play all my tactics markers in the first round or two anyway, so this would seem a pretty minor penalty. But okay, I get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Haggerty
United States
flag msg tools
When combined with the existing limit on playing Tactics markers in firing rounds (18.5 : the number of markers played in a round cannot exceed the number of printed combat strength points firing that round), it could, in some circumstances, give the player allocating disruptions among his units a moment's pause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.