mbmbmbmbmb
Robert
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
had this to say about the Crete game he played (he was inspired to play after my games):

"Yesterday we played one quick and furious game of Crete (from Paratroop) as planned. I suspect we'll play again, in the future, as some house rules are a must, we think. But this time we played it as originally designed. My opponent drew the Germans, I set up my Commonwealth and Greek forces to defend all airfields and the city of Suda, and all major road intersections. The Germans drop ALL of the airborne troops in one attack on the first turn surprise south and east of Maleme. My opponent obviously went straight for the Maleme airfield and tried to take it as quickly as possible, to bring in his mountain troops. On the 2nd turn, because of his massive ground superiority and air support, he takes the airfield. In the meantime, I start rushing reinforcements from the other sectors. Germans start landing reinforcements as well, using the airfield, and start pushing eastward, towards Suda. From the third turn on, it's nothing but a grinding fight along the roads to Suda, as I push more and more troops to stem the German tide. Germans eventually take Suda, but lose a lot of men in the process. I virtually empty the rest of the map of defenders, as I know there cannot be any more German drops anywhere, and nothing coming from the sea. Practically all Commonwealth and Greek troops are now in the Suda sector. By the 7th turn, the Germans cannot push any further and hope to dislodge the enemy from their positions. They took Maleme and the town of Suda and inflicted loads of casualties, but suffered just as much. I guess my opponent's strategy didn't pay off. It's an interesting game, but an old design. It could benefit of a few modifications. Like I said, perhaps we'll play this scenario again. Great fun thumbsup"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Ludi
Australia
Fremantle
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Roll low!
badge
You are a paradox to me, a contradiction You're a predicament for me, and a prediction
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually referring the redone version of the game released as part of Paratroop.

How many changes from the original, other than upgraded components I wonder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aussie550 wrote:
This is actually referring the redone version of the game released as part of Paratroop.

How many changes from the original, other than upgraded components I wonder?

A good point, and I suppose it goes in Paratroop as much as it belongs here (if not more). As I understand it, aside from the map, it's the same. But I don't own Paratroop (yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.