Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want the crabs! Umm.... waitaminute... modest I guess we needed the clams first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a bit surprised that the fourth colour was orange-y clams, when we already had orange starfish. I thought we were going to see red crabs for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Lamont
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Good spot re the colours. Just as a bit of interesting background - we have asked for the clams to be produced completely yellow (the orangey bit removed). We did not have a sample of this to photograph and had almost sold out anyway so we thought it better to simply post the photograph of the clam as it was.

What matters is not that the players piece are a similar colour (which they are not in the very final version of the clams) but that the dice are easily distinguishable on the board. The pieces are obviously a different shape and are not always together so it is less important. Having decided that the orange starfish were definitely in the game (just too good) we had to decide on a colour for the clams. Realistically, that left red or yellow. The orange is a very vibrant orange. There was a possibility of confusion between the orange dice and the red dice. Therefore it is yellow.

Crabs would have been too expensive (even more so )

As you can see, an enormous amount of time, effort and thought goes into the production of the game. There is nothing in the game that has not been debated at length and agonised over.

Cheers,

Gordon
Gordon Lamont
Fragor Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Robson
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
Available from www.spielmaterial.de
badge
Got a light, mate?
mbmbmbmbmb
Gordon did give me crabs during a playtest ... yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.