Recommend
17 
 Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Incursion - $15 (US) until 9/16, used to be $50 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason King
United States
Chicagoland (Orland Park)
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've heard good things about it - it's supposed to play like a versatile Space Hulk - but never played it. I bought 2 (the maximum). No miniatures come with the base set but, considering you'd want to paint them, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. It's a lot cheaper than trying to buy Space Hulk, that's for sure!

http://www.grindhousegames.com/products/package-1

They have the rules on their website for free, also.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolute steal. He's likely selling these at cost.

In for 2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG Link: Incursion (2009, 8.43/10 after 174 ratings)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you SO much for posting about this. I've now got a copy on the way and will be able to review it on my list. I had looked at it before, but there was no way that I could afford it. Thanks again.

Mark
365ZED
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
$12 for shipping 1 to central TX, $17 for shipping 2.

Anyone in the San Antonio/Austin area want to split shipping on an order of 2?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Urfi
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks for posting this. I already own this fantastic came but this was a great excuse to pick up a couple extra copies that I can give to friends. Pretty cheap way to get them hooked! ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was the $50 price including minis?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason King
United States
Chicagoland (Orland Park)
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No minis (as per above) - it comes with cardboard stand-ups, from what I hear. The game with minis is way more expensive.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kenosis wrote:
No minis (as per above) - it comes with cardboard stand-ups, from what I hear. The game with minis is way more expensive.


According to the webpage, the game comes with:

The exquisitely designed and produced contents of the boxed game are as follows:

Rigid two piece box covered in art
Glossy 28 page rulebook
Card rules summary/playsheet
4 sheets of two-sided heavy-duty die cut pieces (132 total) including counters, doors and stand-ups for all models that might potentially be used in the game.
Super Heavy duty two-sided six-fold game board
86 cards including the full deck of battle and all model cards in multiples where appropriate.
3 black dice
36 black plastic stand-up holders for doors and “models”
Vac-formed plastic holding tray
More fun than you can shake a stick at!


Mark
365ZED
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HakFoo wrote:
$12 for shipping 1 to central TX, $17 for shipping 2.

Anyone in the San Antonio/Austin area want to split shipping on an order of 2?


I think they're doing flat rate shipping, because I got the same prices shipping them right up to the Canadian border (Blaine, WA, 98230).

*checks*

Yup. Flat rate shipping.
Grindhouse Games is BASED in San Antonio
http://www.grindhousegames.com/pages/store-info

Given that you're close, you may want to email him and ask about doing in-person pickup
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Wow, thanks for the info palmerkun! I'll do that!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Urfi
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kenosis wrote:
No minis (as per above) - it comes with cardboard stand-ups, from what I hear. The game with minis is way more expensive.


The base game was pretty pricey (w/o) minis... I bought all mine separately (the starter kits were about $70). $15 for the base game is a great deal though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Z.
United States
Marlton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm...what's the quality of the game? $50 is ridiculously expensive for this but $15 I'd bite, but the shipping is a bit of a killer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pilnick
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Necromancyr wrote:
Hrm...what's the quality of the game? $50 is ridiculously expensive for this but $15 I'd bite, but the shipping is a bit of a killer.

I agree. $15 is an impulse buy but $27 isn't. Splitting shipping for a total of $23 is slightly better but I doubt any of my friends would want a duplicate copy of an unknown (to us) 2 player game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Escher0 wrote:
Necromancyr wrote:
Hrm...what's the quality of the game? $50 is ridiculously expensive for this but $15 I'd bite, but the shipping is a bit of a killer.

I agree. $15 is an impulse buy but $27 isn't. Splitting shipping for a total of $23 is slightly better but I doubt any of my friends would want a duplicate copy of an unknown (to us) 2 player game.


Same here; for $15 I'd give it a shot, but $27 for a skirmish game with zero miniatures that I've never even played before is too steep. I'm also turned off by the price of the miniatures, $270 to get all the minis (unpainted) for a boardgame is crazy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
$270 to get all the minis (unpainted) for a boardgame is crazy.


At the going rate for metal minis... that's a steal of a deal.

When I was at a new shop recently, I expressed some vague interest in Warmachine, but mentioned that I didn't like the cost of 40k.

They were very fast to assure me that Warmachine/Hordes was MUCH cheaper than 40k. So I asked how much it would run to get a basic starter army to play with.

They quoted me "Only $250!"

Note that the Buckets of Blood package deal includes 43 minis.
Even if you ignore the non-mini components, that's $260/43=$6 per mini.

Games Workshop will charge you more than that for plastic.
Take out the cost of the base game and expansion ($40 with sale) and that brings it down to just over $5 each. Without the sale price, it's $4.30 each.
This puts them on par or cheaper than Reaper, for instance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the going rate for metal minis in general is crazy, I've been spoiled by Fantasy Flight's games that come with 40 plastic minis for well under $100.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I think the going rate for metal minis in general is crazy, I've been spoiled by Fantasy Flight's games that come with 40 plastic minis for well under $100.


I absolutely agree with you... but quality costs, and metal ain't cheap.

FF uses the softest, cheapest chinese plastic around.
Although it's going up for FFG as well.
Descent 2nd Ed will have 40 minis for $80 MSRP.
Mansions of Madness is only 32 minis for $80.

The cheap days are over now.
(I still love my piles of FFG minis...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Mount Dora
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
I think the going rate for metal minis in general is crazy, I've been spoiled by Fantasy Flight's games that come with 40 plastic minis for well under $100.


I absolutely agree with you... but quality costs, and metal ain't cheap.

FF uses the softest, cheapest chinese plastic around.
Although it's going up for FFG as well.
Descent 2nd Ed will have 40 minis for $80 MSRP.
Mansions of Madness is only 32 minis for $80.

The cheap days are over now.
(I still love my piles of FFG minis...)


Personally, I'm just going to re purpose Star Wars minis purchased at Target close outs or as individuals on line.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
palmerkun wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
I think the going rate for metal minis in general is crazy, I've been spoiled by Fantasy Flight's games that come with 40 plastic minis for well under $100.


I absolutely agree with you... but quality costs, and metal ain't cheap.

FF uses the softest, cheapest chinese plastic around.
Although it's going up for FFG as well.
Descent 2nd Ed will have 40 minis for $80 MSRP.
Mansions of Madness is only 32 minis for $80.

The cheap days are over now.
(I still love my piles of FFG minis...)


I actually prefer plastic minis because their lack of heft makes their paint jobs more durable when they get thrown around, in my experience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I actually prefer plastic minis because their lack of heft makes their paint jobs more durable when they get thrown around, in my experience.


I prefer plastic too, for the same reasons. Also, weight for transport.

However, there's still a great deal of difference between say GW finecast plastic, DMM plastic, and whatever it is they used for the heroes in Descent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.