Catan: Cities & Knights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about and Merchant Guild rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Ginat
Israel
flag msg tools
"You may trade any commodity at 2:1 rate" -
does that means I can trade any 2 resources and get a commodity, or do I have to trade 2 commodities to get a different commodity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Eagle wrote:
does that means I can trade any 2 resources and get a commodity, or do I have to trade 2 commodities to get a different commodity?
2 commodities to get a different commodity or resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
Black Eagle wrote:

Looking at the rules PDF, this appears to be described under the heading Counting House, although the illustration shows Merchant Guild. However the full description in the rules is clear enough:

Cities & Knights rules wrote:
Counting House (yellow): You may trade commodities (of the same type) 2:1 for any commodity or resource. You may make this trade only during your turn, as if you were using a harbor. This special trade advantage does not include resources, only the three commodities.

In short, 2 commodities for 1 commodity or resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.