Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

No Retreat! The Russian Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: In&out of supply in combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Laufle
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
designer
I enjoy games about Stalingrad
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If a hex containing units both in and out of supply is attacked; are the defenders all penalized by the 2 column shift?
(This could happen due to card play, Soviet #5 Cavalry Raid specifically)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhuned wrote:
If a hex containing units both in and out of supply is attacked; are the defenders all penalized by the 2 column shift?
(This could happen due to card play, Soviet #5 Cavalry Raid specifically)


Good Question. In this case I say that they are all penalized in that combat.

But if you attack two defenders that are in different hexes, the defender can chose which hex is valid for the TEC shifts. So if he choses the hex of the defending unit that is in supply, then the "Out of Supply" penalty does not count.

I should add a precision to rule 10.6.1 (in bold):

[10.6.1] Terrain Effects: The shifts caused due to terrain
effects are based upon the defender’s hex or if all units
attack across the hexsides listed on the TEC.
If more than one hex is attacked at the same time,
the defender choses a simgle one that will be used for TEC effects.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Godfrey
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I was wondering about that too (terrain effects if defender is in more than one hex). Thanks for clarifying!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
johngodfrey wrote:
I was wondering about that too (terrain effects if defender is in more than one hex). Thanks for clarifying!


Right. The rules are not very clear about this occurence. Sorry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Two attacking units are in different hexes and one of them is supplied while the other is OOS. Combat result is CA. Should they be penalized 2 rows shift for OOS in upcoming counter attack (no terrain shifts) or they can still choose "primary" defending hex with in supply unit to avoid OOS penalty?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
Kirk "The Man" Douglas (Vikings)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what Carl said, if you have two attacking units (attacking from two different hexes), one in supply, and one out of supply and your result is CA, your attacking units now become the defending units (and basing this on Carl's above response) you could choose the in supply unit with no terrain modifiers and be in supply (if the counter attacking units choose to fight, they don't have to).



1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zhodanicommando wrote:
Based on what Carl said, if you have two attacking units (attacking from two different hexes), one in supply, and one out of supply and your result is CA, your attacking units now become the defending units (and basing this on Carl's above response) you could choose the in supply unit with no terrain modifiers and be in supply (if the counter attacking units choose to fight, they don't have to).


This is correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.