Subject: Shipping goods on town hexes (2 player Belgium map) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may have missed this when reading the rules, but when can goods placed on town hexes get shipped?

Only after the town is urbanized, and when no new cubes are added as there's already a cube?
Or immediately when a rail link is built in a town hex, like in the 3 player Brussels map?

Can't wait to try this map. I think it's great Steam can finally be played with 2 players (on a nice looking map!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wegner
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Smies wrote:

Can't wait to try this map. I think it's great Steam can finally be played with 2 players (on a nice looking map!).

Finally? Aha!

Many people have played Steam as a 2 player game since it early days (on nice looking maps, too!). I think, Mayfair is a bit late at this party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Goods may be shipped from towns as soon as either a town or city tile is built on that hex space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
Goods may be shipped from towns as soon as either a town or city tile is built on that hex space.

I'm confused by this- the Steam rules say you can only ship goods from a city to a city, which I always assumed meant a town had to be urbanized first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphod wrote:
I'm confused by this- the Steam rules say you can only ship goods from a city to a city, which I always assumed meant a town had to be urbanized first?

These towns start with goods. They give but do not receive (unless urbanized).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse, that is a very good observation. It is a classic case of over defining for clarification. Because there is never a case in the base game where there would be a good starting in any spot other than a city, I failed to think to write an rule exception in the expansion.

Any point where a town is built and connected by rail, a cube on the town tile may be shipped for a complete delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Olheiser
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, you do not add goods when a city is urbanized, and the new cities come preprinted with the green chit meaning you can't resupply them. So that means any new city coming onto the board via urbanization can never recieve new goods on the Luxemborg map. So there are only a couple cities that can be resupplied?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
whachacha wrote:
According to the rules, you do not add goods when a city is urbanized, and the new cities come preprinted with the green chit meaning you can't resupply them. So that means any new city coming onto the board via urbanization can never recieve new goods on the Luxemborg map. So there are only a couple cities that can be resupplied?

I see this observation is still unanswered. Any thoughts? I can't seem to access the updated rules on the Mayfair website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whachacha wrote:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WRS WRS
Poland
Ropczyce
Podkarpacie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, there are six double goods cubes, but we can use only 4 of them (for Luxemburg, Antwerp, Brussels and Gent).
2 extra slots are only for more variety?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.