Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Was planning to play the Errant Paladin someday soon as one of my heroes in Chapter 1 of the Summer League.

Question: If the Errant Paladin attacks a location with 2 green minions and a wolf rider and let's say rolls: 2, 2, 1. Using his "Broadsword of Might" are all 3 minions slayed? Or does the 1 rolled still count as a parry?

What if he rolled a 1,1,2. Would all 3 minions be slayed or would there be 2 parries and 1 wound. (1 wound remaining after he blocks 1)

Thanks,

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Devine
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Errant Paladin and the Wolf Rider from Summer League Chapter 1
Huh. Good question. And I hope that Richard pops on and gives his opinion on this one, because I may be facing this same question soon...the summer league has turned into a fall league for me, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
What's great about the Summer League is once you print the components and the rules, and do some basic cutting and pasting, you have them to enjoy all year round. Richard has also commented that there may be an official expansion someday soon offering quality components as well.

So cool.

Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Errant Paladin and the Wolf Rider from Summer League Chapter 1
The Wolfrider's parry skill trumps the Errant Paladin's Broadsword of Might ability. Therefore, double 1's rolled would block 2 Hits. So if the Errant Paladin rolled 1,1,5 in Combat, instead of slaying all Minions, he would slay 1 as the two 1's become (3 Hits and 2 Blocks) and the 5 is essentially nothing as he cannot slay 4 Minions since only 2 are present - so since doubles were rolled the extra die has no effect.

Interesting situation with his skill against the Wolfriders.

Thanks - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says on the Errant Paladin card that all Minions on a location are destroyed when doubles are rolled, *not* if double successes are rolled. A Wolf Rider can parry a success but he can't change the roll of the dice.

Therefore I would rule that in the above example all 3 Minions are destroyed.

Edit: Ninja'd by Richard himself ninja Although I don't agree with his ruling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Donato - I am fine with you playing by your definition as a house rule, and I can see your logic - just add my own logic to it (twisted as it may be) to keep the Wolfriders ability whole. In truth, I suspect this result would not occur very often in the game as it requires the Errant Paladin to attack a Wolfrider location and roll double 1's in the process.

Thanks - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.