Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Do the Alter Reality cards alter each other or just the original card played? I'll try to explain:
If someone plays to throw the orb, and they need a 5 but throw a 7 and produce an AR card for 5 thereby giving them a 2, which is well under what is needed to catch the orb, does my produced AR card of 5 add on to their card result of 2,making it 7 again or does it alter their original throw of 7 to 12, which could then be countered by them producing another card to reduce the total again.
Does that sound too confusing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim bugher
United States
okc
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Steve, I'll try and answer this in the most... I mean least confusing way possible!

The Alter Reality cards both would affect the actual die roll. So, in your case above, you play an AR5 which would change your roll to a 2. If someone else plays a 5 it would change it back to a 7. If someone else played a AR2 and an AR3 it would still be the same end result.

Roll = 7 -5 (your AR5) = 2, +AR2 = 4, +AR3 = 7.

Your AR5 is basically just cancelled out if they play an AR5 or some other combination of AR cards. Of course, your free to play additional Alter Reality cards so this can often result in everyone playing all those Alter Reality cards they've been hoarding all game just waiting for the perfect opportunity to rain on your parade.

Clear as mud?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi Tim,

That really clears everything up and I know exactly what to do now.
Re-read what you have just said another 20 times, and then it might sink in.
On the other hand.............shake

Only joking, thanks for the reply

I'll set that one up on the table then my little brain
may take it all in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim bugher
United States
okc
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
No problem! I'm glad I was able to muddy the waters for you!

It really is simple despite my lack of articulation. Consider all Alter Reality cards from the good guys adjust the roll in the good direction, and all Alter Reality Cards from the opposing losers to adjust the roll in the bad direction and just add all of them up.

If after all is said and done you beat the roll you get to stick your tonque out and generally behave in whichever manner that you prefer to best rub it in their faces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Briscoe
United Kingdom
Shropshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I thought I would add this as it may help others 'see the light' about the AR cards, but after great deliberation, I have realised the rules about them. The muddy waters have cleared. Basically, because the first card has changed the value of the dice roll, the original dice roll doesn't exist anymore therefore any more cards added to the first must only affect the total of the new dice roll that was the consequence of that first played AR card. Yes???shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim bugher
United States
okc
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You are correct sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.