Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Cope
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen the discussion on if the Wretched moves off the red start spot it can be reused. I am also not campaigning to change it, but doesn't the fact that the Wretched's name is printed on the gameboard at the specific coordinate kind of imply, that the starting spots can only be used once (in addition to the final Crime Scene spot)?

Just wondering what the strategic siginficance is in each scenario:

1. Rules as written vs.
2. Cannot reuse Crime Scenes or the Red spot which generated it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The names written with the corresponding numbered spots on the mapboard are the actual locations where the real victims were killed.

The rule about placing wretched tokens on red crime scene tokens is at the bottom of page 6.

There is a variant (you've already mentioned it) that prohibits killing the same wretched twice. This was invented to fight devious play strategies.

I look at it this way. The real events (history) are marked on the board. Those are the crime scenes not the corners from where the victims started. Jack wouldn't have had any trouble killing multiple victims from the same street corners and he might have given the proximity of a couple of the crime scenes.

I play the rules as written. If Jack waits, the wretched moves. On a subsequent night (in real life this was many days or weeks by the way) the wretched may start from that same red spot because there is no crime scene token there (same corner, different victim).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer6 wrote:
I play the rules as written. If Jack waits, the wretched moves. On a subsequent night (in real life this was many days or weeks by the way) the wretched may start from that same red spot because there is no crime scene token there (same corner, different victim).

I have played my games this way also, but have not yet encountered a Jack opponent trying this hit and run (home) strategy. It would turn out to be a different, shorter game experience than the longer, drawn out nights of cat and mouse play. But I don't think I would prefer it. Seems like it might still be balanced with the detective player getting an early clue to the hideout, but others seem to think not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.