Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb

The only way to get uranium and spies is to take over a hut or a village right? No otherrrr way ever in the game(besides trading with others for it of course)???

I understand for uranium because of what you can do with it (nuke soooo strong!!!)

But are spy tech really weak because you are most likely to have 0-1 maybe 2 spies in a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are culture cards that can be used as spys and uranium. Still they are rare resources, but the abilitys they allowe can be extremly helpfull.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also get them from spoils of war by winning a battle against another person.

I'm not an expert, though, but I can't think of any other ways you have missed. That said, I haven't played in awhile, and I have only played a couple of times total.

EDIT: Let me also add, I don't make a habit of researching a tech unless I already have the resource available (or I need some other ability besides the resource spending opportunity), so I think 0 uses is unlikely. You don't ever have to research any particular tech as a prereq for another tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spies are in huts as well as villages. They are also in the culture cards for all 3 levels of culture. I know I have played at least 4 spies in a single game and had at least 2 played on me that same game, so they aren't THAT rare. When you add the non-market resource tokens together (villages + huts) there are more spies than any other resource.

Uranium has 2 tokens (so might not even be on the board) and the level 3 resource culture cards can be used as Uranium.

Hope that helps.

Added: If you have Communism you can lock down a huge stack of enemy armies for multiple turns and that was the key to my winning PBF#3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.