Aether Captains: Pirates and Traders» Forums » Variants

Subject: 7 New Scenarios (working on the 8th) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit : Combined this into Aether-Fan Expansion : 4 Captains, 8 Scenarios, 16 Actions (new Crew card type), 32 Tokens

Created some additional scenarios to add a little more variety to the game.

Right now I have 6 scenarios for your review, and 2 more should be done by week's end.
You may notice that there is no art on 2 of the scenarios - I have pictures in mind, and am awaiting permission from the artist to use them.

C&C welcome - especially any suggestions that could help improve them.

Also working on 2 pages of Action Cards (16 total) for P&T. Hoping to bundle this all together into a fan expansion pack with 4 captains, 8 scenarios, 16 action cards and tokens for tracking scenario goals. Should be 4 pages in all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 6 New Scenarios
Really great work. It is raining heavily here now but I am going out to the garage to get my aether captain core game from Storage right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that may be one of the highest compliments - willing to brave to storm to give this a shot

Please let me know how they play for you - and stay dry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Mascarenhas
Brazil
Teixeira de Freitas
Bahia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really like the idea and should give it a try tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the weather scenario. Very apt I thought. I found it very well balanced and really enjoyed it.I used the captain variant Irene as well. Overall they add to the game but I did seem to draw an awful lot of pirate encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the test - especially since you also tested one of the new Captains

The main Action deck is Pirate heavy (as I guess is Todd's intention).

I am working on 16 additionnal Action cards (5 Trade, 5 Mixed categories, and 6 of a brand new category) that I am testing out, which should help thin out the Pirate card population in the deck. Should also help fill out the deck for a two-player game.

Hoping to have them posted by tomorrow for some play testing by the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can play test a few games this time tomorrow if you have them up. The mrs takes the kids ballroom dancing and I play games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do my best to get them up - I have all the Action Text done, just trying to format them to look like Todd's work and add the numbers into the circles and squares on the bottom section.

They may not have art in the boxes - but they should be test worthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 6 New Scenarios (now 7!)
Just finished testing on the 7th Scenario - I aim to finsih #8 by this weekend and hopefully bundle the scenarios, crew expansion, captains and tokens into a fan pack over the next week.

Edit : Dang - the 2pt line weight applied to the bottom half of the text - I'll have to fix that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - I had planned to have the last 2 Scenario cards for my page of 8 both be 'Crew' cards, to make a more complete package with the rest of the fan pack.

Hardest thing so far, is finding public domain/free use/creative commons art to use

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes.i am having terrible trouble with that..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reformatted the cards to be on one sheet, just need to finish that last scenario

Edit : Combined this into Aether-Fan Expansion : 4 Captains, 8 Scenarios, 16 Actions (new Crew card type), 32 Tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.