B. Perry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer posted in Kickstarter two days ago:
James Kato wrote:
I want to apologize to everyone that back my project but I have to cancel funding at this time. No one will be charged for anything. The cards came back from the printer and the colors were not right. Many of the colors came out black. I need time to figure out what to do next because the printer is unwilling to help me. I hope in the future that this game can come out but for now I might come out with a print and play version. I want to thank everyone that supported me and I want to apologize to everyone for any inconvenience that they suffered.

James Kato

Hopefully it gets reworked and restarted. The game certainly has sufficient community support. It'd also be nice to hear these type of updates on BGG as well, since the designer has an account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that sucks. I want to hear more details, but I imagine right now he's just ticked off (and maybe embarrassed?) So I figured I'd give him a few weeks to cool down and then ask him for a more detailed breakdown with some pics of how the printing came out.

At least nobody will be charged.

If he already got things back from the printer, then he must have funded it out of his own pocket, and was using Kickstarter to reimburse himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tofarley wrote:

If he already got things back from the printer, then he must have funded it out of his own pocket, and was using Kickstarter to reimburse himself?

It sounded like a test copy that turned out bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UncleLothar wrote:
tofarley wrote:

It sounded like a test copy that turned out bad.

He already had some test copies. He sent some out to reviewers. Besides, you don't cancel the project because one proof comes back bad. Sounds to me like he already spent a ton of money getting them printed, and they sucked... dunno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.