Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Am I correct in assuming that you use the same dungeon set-up as the base game - with the exception of using the new Merchant & adding the Altar of Soloth?

2. Do you shuffle the room cards from the original base deck together with the new cards, or simply use the new cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
We shuffle the merchants and randomly pick one -- the original merchant gives less selection but halves the price of 2 items. The new merchant gives a bigger variety but everything is full price. If an item comes out that's class-specific to a class not being played, we discard it and redraw.

We are currently playing with the original room cards as after a few games we haven't quite seen every critter in the base game, but soon we'll shuffle all the room cards together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shijuro wrote:
We shuffle the merchants and randomly pick one -- the original merchant gives less selection but halves the price of 2 items. The new merchant gives a bigger variety but everything is full price. If an item comes out that's class-specific to a class not being played, we discard it and redraw.

That's a good idea... I just pull out all the class-specific cards based on which heroes are in the game.

Quote:
We are currently playing with the original room cards as after a few games we haven't quite seen every critter in the base game, but soon we'll shuffle all the room cards together.

Right now, we're playing with both decks shuffled together (as well as shuffling in the Dark Passageway cards)... but I'm curious what the "official" ruling is supposed to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kelsey
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These are good ideas, and if you are happy with them, you should use them.

Here is the "official response", though:

* When you are using the new merchant, you shouldn't discard the class-specific items. This is meant to simulate store stock on display. If no one can use them, that's unfortunate. Pay the gold and see another item.

* When using the expansions, you should shuffle all room cards together and see what comes up.

At the end of the day, though, you should be doing what is most fun for you and your gaming group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.