Subject: Can you fire a Torque bow in reaction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske the younger
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Torque Bow says you cannot fire this is you moved in your turn. If I moved with my activation card end that phase and go to the AI step, can I fire the torque bow against Locusts in reaction to that activation?

Could I fire it on another Cogs AI step that round?

Is there no restriction at all?

This would apply to all of the weapons you can't move and fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A turn has 3 parts: Heal, Order, Locust Activation. If you move during the "order" part of a turn, even if you execute the "follow" reaction during another COG's turn, you cannot use the "don't move and fire" weapons like Torque Bow.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say no. You did move in your turn. If you didn't, like if you fired another weapon without moving, I'd say that you could use it to guard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Rose
msg tools
No - You cannot fire the torque bow in reaction to an AI card that you have drawn.

However - You CAN fire as guard reaction to someone else's Locust AI card, as you haven't moved THAT turn (unless you used a follow reaction.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card says that you can't fire it if you moved on your turn, not this turn.
Edit: I was wrong. Never mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:

Maybe we have a different translation? My card says "You may not attack with the weapon and move during the same turn".
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
Tjohei wrote:

Maybe we have a different translation? My card says "You may not attack with the weapon and move during the same turn".
TK

I apologize. I don't own the game yet, and used the OP's wording. Sorry about that.

With the card's wording I agree that you must be able to fire the bow as a guard even though you moved in your own turn. When it's someone else's turn it's definately a different turn as I understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske the younger
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tjohei wrote:
tkelly wrote:
Tjohei wrote:

TK

I apologize. I don't own the game yet, and used the OP's wording. Sorry about that.

With the cards wording I agree that you must be able to fire the bow as a guard even though you moved in your own turn. When it's someone else's turn it's definately a different turn as I understand it.

That's my bad about the wording, thank you all for the feed back.

Since I posted we renewed the discussion here and pretty much came to the same conclusion Tkelly proposed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with TK as well, you can fire the bow as a guard if you didn't move during the current turn, no matter whose turn it is (i.e. if you only played Pummel during your turn, you can guard and fire the bow, but if you used Advance and moved and shot a different weapon, you can't use the bow).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.