Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Horn
United States
Coeur d Alene
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My son and I played a couple games over the weekend. This is easily the most fun co-op game we now own. We had a couple great moments that I thought I would share. We've only played the emergence scenario so far. We played the first game wrong. We covered up the emergence holes but we were still spawning creatures at these holes and not just the hole at the exit. So at one point in mid game my son got swarmed with 6 wretches all in his area. He went out fighting pulling a grenade taking all of them down including himself. I quickly scrambled to pull him back up. We ended up almost winning this game, even though we played wrong and were spawning locusts on the covered holes when they should of just been spawning in the back when that was the only emergence hole uncovered.

In our second game which we played more correctly (still not perfect yet, little mistakes along the way), we got to the end and closed up the last emergence hole. We are both down to 3 health or less, up pop a couple boomers and wretches. One of us just had to revive the other so we are both in the same area. My son pulled the mortar in the room at the final exit. Locust AI card comes up to move the Boomers and attack. Both us being in the same are two boomers about to activate we were goners for sure. I had no guard cards. Son was playing Cole so can't recall if he did or not, regardless it was do or die, guarded with the Mortar and killed everything alive including both of us except one little wretch far enough away to survive.

Lots of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't agree with you more. The game produces fun and memorable moments and the co-op play makes this a great family game (of course, there is that little thing about blowing the locust hordes to pieces .) Great account!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.