Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Since 2009, after buying this game, I sent many E-mails to the publisher to enquire if I could have/purchase an extra set of counters for the game (I found the ones included far too thin and wanted an extra set to glue upon the originals).

I was promized, numerous times, that my need would be fulfilled. To no avail: I am still waiting, since 2009.

I am REALLY dissapointed by all this.

I don't mind having "No" for an answer, but not "We will do it" and then being ignored and my numerous follow-up E-mails not answered.

What a bad customer service!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thin? They are some of the thickest counters I've ever used!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FNH1 wrote:
Thin? They are some of the thickest counters I've ever used!

Mhhh.. Maybe we have different printings. Mine are really, really thin. Not acceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nolan
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl;

My counters are very thick as well, not sure what is going on there.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
transchair wrote:
Carl;

My counters are very thick as well, not sure what is going on there.

James

Same here as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
Second printing, maybe?

Mine are almost Conflict of Heroes counters thick, which is to say, far thicker than anything else I typically encounter in wargaming.

Best of luck with your quest - Daniel Hodges and Mark Mahaffey always seemed very responsive when talking about the games previously; perhaps Mark a little more so. Have you tried the CSW forum?

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@591.9J3iclrUHBo.2@.1dd2e...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kozure wrote:
Second printing, maybe?

Mine are almost Conflict of Heroes counters thick, which is to say, far thicker than anything else I typically encounter in wargaming.

Best of luck with your quest - Daniel Hodges and Mark Mahaffey always seemed very responsive when talking about the games previously; perhaps Mark a little more so. Have you tried the CSW forum?

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@591.9J3iclrUHBo.2@.1dd2e...

yes I did.

Your game must be the second printing, mine was the first. I have been in contact with Daniel for more than a year, he was supposed to send me a copy of the counters but kept forgetting and then was too busy etc... So I finally gave up, after half a dozen reminers and broken promises... I am VERY dissapointed and feel like I was taken for a fool.

Seriously, I don't even know why I decided to try again here. I don't expect my query to be finally answered...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Martyn
United States
Guilford
VT
flag msg tools
EXCELSIOR!!!
badge
ZOMGALOMES!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a first printing copy and the counters are as thick as everyone else has described. Do you have any pictures or anything you can post? I can't even imagine how yours could be so different, short of a serious (and apparently unique) quality control issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
the pete wrote:
I've got a first printing copy and the counters are as thick as everyone else has described. Do you have any pictures or anything you can post? I can't even imagine how yours could be so different, short of a serious (and apparently unique) quality control issue.

I can try to perhaps take a picture with counters from other games next to them. I don't know if this would help.

I had offered to pay for the extra counters and was supposed to get them but the deal never went through despite repeated assurances and messages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do remember when you first enquired about getting an extra set of counters (over at CSW?); the reason was that you personally like double thickness counters for all your games - you glue two duplicate counters together or stick them to blocks. So I don't believe your counters are any thinner than anyone else's (my first printing counters are certainly thicker than your standard wargame fare) it's just your personal preference. I know Dan is pretty much tied up full time in the UK political PR world but Mark usually keeps an eye on the forums so hopefully you'll get a response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
I do remember when you first enquired about getting an extra set of counters (over at CSW?); the reason was that you personally like double thickness counters for all your games - you glue two duplicate counters together or stick them to blocks. So I don't believe your counters are any thinner than anyone else's (my first printing counters are certainly thicker than your standard wargame fare) it's just your personal preference. I know Dan is pretty much tied up full time in the UK political PR world but Mark usually keeps an eye on the forums so hopefully you'll get a response.

Thanks! So there was no difference between the first and second editions counters, right? I was contemplating selling my first edition game and buying the newer one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl - I think Mark confirmed a few months back that there was no difference between the two printings (so I'm assuming this applies also to the thickness of the counters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
Carl - I think Mark confirmed a few months back that there was no difference between the two printings (so I'm assuming this applies also to the thickness of the counters).

Thnaks Ian, this info is very useful to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Just geekmailed you on this, Carl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guatemala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great Mark!
You might as well geekmail me about my pending Rulebook/Briefing book/Play Aids.
Regards,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.