Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The CBC show "Ideas with Paul Kennedy" is now being broadcast on my local NPR station and I have become addicted to listening this show weeknights.

I was going through some of the past episodes that I missed and came across the one below.

http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/episodes/2011/08/16/leading-under-fi...

Leading Under Fire
What are the components of military leadership? That's the question Dr. Joe MacInnis asks soldiers, sailors, and airmen on a Canadian warship and at the Canadian Forces base in Kandahar, Afghanistan. In the cockpits of their aircraft, the front seats of their armored vehicles, and the bridge of HMCS Toronto, they describe leadership-critical moments and share stories about leadership's essential components and how they are acquired. He considers how the synergy of courage, competence, compassion and other leadership traits can help us address social and environmental problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
Synergy AND the environment? That DOES sound like the CBC,all right!

Thanks for the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideas is one of my favorite radio programmes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patroclus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks.

All I know about military leadership comes from Combat Mission games and ASLSK ( ) so I found this show interesting to hear from some leaders about how they go about their job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dorosh
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Tactical Wargamer's Journal
mbmbmbmbmb
Patroclus wrote:
thanks.

All I know about military leadership comes from Combat Mission games and ASLSK ( ) so I found this show interesting to hear from some leaders about how they go about their job.

You're one step ahead of the CBC, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.