Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
The heroes we deserve!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna be in Denver this week and need to know the best game store(s) in the area. I'll be staying downtown, but will have a car so can get around easily. All recommendations welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Valhallas

6161 W. 44th Ave. Wheatridge, CO 80033 Great selection of Flames of War. Good selection of boardgames with some Consims, Euro and AT games. Also a good selection of GW and other miniatures, RPGs, paints and miscellaneous game supplies.

Bonnie Brae Hobby

3421 S. Broadway, Englewood, CO 303-806-6526 Huge selection of RPG rules and suppletments. Good selection of Reaper miniatures. Good selection of Consim, Euro and AT titles. Several shelves of used boardgames. Models, terrain kits, plastic historicals, toys and models as well.

Black and Read

7821 Wadsworth Blvd. Arvada, CO 80003 Very good selection of Consim, Euro and AT boardgame. Some used boardgames. Good selection of RPG. A few miniatures. Also a used book and record/cd store.

Mythplaced Treasures

11078 W Jewell Ave B-4 Lakewood, CO 80232 Decent selection of boardgames and RPGs. Smaller store and relatively new. A few used games available.

Enchanted Grounds

8800 S. Colorado Blvd. Highlands Ranch,CO 80126 I have never been there. Looks like primarily Magic and a few game titles, but the photos they have up may not reflect their mix of games.

Wizard's Chest

230 Fillmore Street Denver, Colorado 80206 I have not been there in a long time. When I was last there, they looked to have a good RPG selection and some board games. I don't remember any consims or miniatures. However, that might have changed over time.

Attactix, unfortunately, has closed it's doors...nothing for gaming out in Aurora.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Rauch
United States
Spencer
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this thread is old, but it's good to keep information like this updated in case (people like myself) are interested in gaming stores.

Only one I've checked out so far is Wizards Chest. They do not have miniatures but are thinking about getting only Warhammer when I spoke to the owner about a month ago. They have a very nice selection of board games and some MTG. Didn't look at the RPG section.

Besides the Board Games, I feel the focus is more kid oriented. Pokemon, easy strategy games, puppets, stuffed animals, etc.

Really cool people, I'm hoping they invest in miniatures soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Puccio
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently heard about Dark Matter Games somewhere in Lakewood, but haven't been there.

Boulder has Karlequin's and another place up on North Broadway.

Also, I believe that Valhalla's has closed.

Yesterday I went to Longmont to check out Stonebridge Games and they were closed. Seems like the economy/the internet is really killing of FLGSs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salty Skwib
United States
San Miguel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Should I eat the Cuttlefish and Asparagus or the Vanilla Paste?
mbmbmbmbmb
Enchanted Grounds is a real nice store. A decent mix of board games, comic books, D&D, Warhammer, etc. plus it's a coffee shop to boot. Lots of tables to play games and couches to lounge. The game selection isn't the most extensive, but still pretty good. The store is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I was there today in fact to pick up the latest Lord of the Rings LCG pack. I think the store does pretty well-- it's always pretty busy when I walk in, unlike Attactix which was often a ghost town.

There's a small store here in Parker called Collector's Corner. It's behind Vitamin Cottage on Twenty Mile Road. It specializes more in miniatures games, like Warhammer, but they do have an okay stock of boardgames, and I pick up card sleeves there. The staff is friendly but a lot of times they're playing games instead of minding the store. They have a comic book selection as well.

I think It's Your Move in Park Meadows has closed..... went there a couple months ago and everything was boarded up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.