Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm sorry if this has been asked but I'm a bit confused with the
at-will power Hypnotism. It states:

Choose a monster within 1 tile of you. Move that monster 1 tile.
If it ends adjacent to another monster, make an attack against the
second Monster.

Attack Damage
+9 1

Ok its simple right? Well for me not so much. I would asume that by the name of the spell it Hypnotizes the monster to attack the other monster right? But I don't think that's correct since it clearly gives an attack score and damage score for the Character to attack the second monster.

So is it the monster using the monsters attack and damage or is it the player using the attack and damage score to hit the second monster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
Drenik wrote:

So is it the monster using the monsters attack and damage or is it the player using the attack and damage score to hit the second monster?

My understanding was that the monster uses those attack stats (+9/1) in place of their usual attack stats. I could be wrong though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
Drenik wrote:

My understanding was that the monster uses those attack stats (+9/1) in place of their usual attack stats. I could be wrong though.

This was my other thought as well but its still not very clear as to whom attack the second creature with that attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gastel Etswane
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think the +9 / 1 is the attack from the player on the creature, where a hit causes hypnotism. The attack from creature to creature is the creatures (I would assume), but if a creature has several attack abilities, which one do you pick. I would say, the player picks as they are in control.

What if the one damage kills the creature? Wait... nevermind.

After reading the text, it says simply to choose a creature. Therefore the creature uses the +9 / 1 and avoids my concerns above.

How is that for stream of consciousness?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be helpful for you as it was with me.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackBeltGaming#p/u/14/K6ZsW7jPe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gastel wrote:
I think the +9 / 1 is the attack from the player on the creature, where a hit causes hypnotism. The attack from creature to creature is the creatures (I would assume), but if a creature has several attack abilities, which one do you pick. I would say, the player picks as they are in control.

What if the one damage kills the creature? Wait... nevermind.

After reading the text, it says simply to choose a creature. Therefore the creature uses the +9 / 1 and avoids my concerns above.

How is that for stream of consciousness?

LOL love your reply and your right on the money! TY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.