United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at getting into this game but FFG seems to be very unclear about what and how many figures come in each expansions.
Below is a list of Dust Tactics games/expansions. I have filled in my guesses about what comes with what but would appreciate it if someone could fill in the blanks and correct the mistakes.

Dust Tactics:
Allies - 2 Medium Walkers (same as Medium Walker Pack?), 15 soldiers (generic?), Captain Joseph Brown
Axis - 2 Medium Walkers (same as Medium Walker Pack?), 15 soldiers (generic?), Colonel Sigred Von Thaler

Revised Core Set:
Allies - 1 Light Walker (same as light walker pack?), Troops?
Axis - 1 Light Walker (same as light walker pack?), Troops?

Operation Cyclone - Rosie, Manfred
Operation SeeLöwe - Markus, 0ZZ 117

The Gunners Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Recon Boys Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
BBQ Squad Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
The Boss Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Medium Assault Walker - 1 medium Walker (components for 4 configs)
Special Ops Rangers Expansion - 4 Units
Light Assault Walker - 1 light walkers (components for 2 configs)
Grim Reapers Expansion - 3 Unit Squad
Tank Busters Expansion - 3 Unit Squad
Red Devils - 3 Unit Squad
Heavy Assault Walker - 1 heavy walker (components for 2 configs)

Battle Grenadiers Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Recon Grenadiers Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Laser Grenadiers Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Medium Panzer Walker - 1 medium Walker (components for 3 configs)
Kommandotrupp Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Special Ops Grenadiers Expansion - 4 Units
Light Panzer Walker - 1 light walkers (components for 2 configs)
Axis Gorillas Expansion - 3 Unit Squad
Axis Zombies Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Heavy Recon Grenadiers - 3 Unit Squad
Heavy Panzer Walker - 1 heavy walker (components for 2 configs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dust Tactics:
Allies - 2 Medium Walkers (Hot Dog & Pounder), 15 soldiers (Recon Boys, BBQ Squad, The Gunners), Captain Joseph Brown
Axis - 2 Medium Walkers (Ludwig & Luther), 15 soldiers (Recon Grenadiers, Laser Grenadiers, Battle Grenadiers), Colonel Sigrid Von Thaler

Revised Core Set:
Allies - 1 Light Walker (Blackhawk), 13 soldiers (Hell Boys, Death Dealers, The Hammers), Rhino
Axis - 1 Light Walker (Hans), 11 soldiers (Sturmpioniere, Heavy Laser Grenadiers, Heavy Flak Grenadiers), Lara

Operation Cyclone - Rosie, Manfred
Operation SeeLöwe - Markus, 0ZZ 117

The Gunners Expansion - 5 Unit Squad +1 extra to make the But Hunters squad
Recon Boys Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
BBQ Squad Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
The Boss Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Medium Assault Walker - 1 medium Walker (components for 4 configs - Hot Dog, Pounder, Steel Rain or Mickey)
Special Ops Rangers Expansion - Pair of 2 Unit Squads
Light Assault Walker - 1 light walker (components for 2 configs - Wildfire or Honey)
Grim Reapers Expansion - 3 Unit Squad
Tank Busters Expansion - 3 Unit Squad
Red Devils - 3 Unit Squad
Heavy Assault Walker - 1 heavy walker (components for 2 configs - Punisher or Fireball)
Ally Hero Pack - 3 Units (Johnny One-Eye, Action Jackson & The Priest)

Battle Grenadiers Expansion - 5 Unit Squad +1 extra to make the Panzer Killers squad
Recon Grenadiers Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Laser Grenadiers Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Medium Panzer Walker - 1 medium Walker (components for 3 configs - Luther, Ludwig or Lothar)
Kommandotrupp Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Special Ops Grenadiers Expansion - Pair of 2 Unit Squads
Light Panzer Walker - 1 light walker (components for 2 configs - Hermann or Heinrich)
Axis Gorillas Expansion - 3 Unit Squad
Axis Zombies Expansion - 5 Unit Squad
Heavy Recon Grenadiers - 3 Unit Squad
Heavy Panzer Walker - 1 heavy walker (components for 2 configs - Sturmkonig or Konigsluther)
Axis Hero Pack - 3 Units (Stefan, TotenMeister & Grenadier X)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, Thanks!!! That is just what I was looking for (even filled in upcoming packs I was unaware of).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to be of help. Hope you enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron G
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry to thread jack but if I already own Dust Tactics and plan to purchase all of the expansions that have new units I would not have to buy the Recon Boys, BBQ Squad, Recon Grenadiers, and Laser Grenadiers because those expansions are just extra copies of squads from the base set while the Gunners and Battle Grenadiers add a new type of squad correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xensi wrote:
Sorry to thread jack but if I already own Dust Tactics and plan to purchase all of the expansions that have new units I would not have to buy the Recon Boys, BBQ Squad, Recon Grenadiers, and Laser Grenadiers because those expansions are just extra copies of squads from the base set while the Gunners and Battle Grenadiers add a new type of squad correct?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron G
United States
Wilmington
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a clear sense of the Dust universe?

I'm confused by Dust Wars... and how the main dust web site has 1/36 and 1/48 scale models (not minis, I think you paint and build these yourself)...as well as the game, and "playsets" at yet another scale.

There's no explanation. It's like you're in the know, or not.

I'd like to be "in the know" as far as what's available for Dust: Tactics only. As it is, I'm kind of baffled by what's there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhebert wrote:
Does anyone have a clear sense of the Dust universe?

I'm confused by Dust Wars... and how the main dust web site has 1/36 and 1/48 scale models (not minis, I think you paint and build these yourself)...as well as the game, and "playsets" at yet another scale.

There's no explanation. It's like you're in the know, or not.

I'd like to be "in the know" as far as what's available for Dust: Tactics only. As it is, I'm kind of baffled by what's there.

The only stuff for the Dust Tactics game is on the Fantasy Flight Games site. If you see on the Dust Models site a premium version of what you see on the FFG site, that means it's the same thing, only prepainted.

Everything else on Dust Models site is not directly for the game, but for hobbyists, or for those trying to spruce up their game pieces with decals or custom pieces.

But if you just want the stuff for the Dust Tactics game, use the FFG site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! That helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snowdrop drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
To answer James H's well posed question...

On the http://www.dustgame.com site there are some confusing categories as follow below:

Dust-34: Those models are in the 1/35 scale and are not compatible with what Fantasy Flight sells. Looks and all are the same, but they are pretty huge given their scale, very pricey, and also for the people that like to assemble & paint.

DUST-48: They are not pre-painted, but are fully compatible with the rest of the 48-line. If you are an old timer with mad painting skills this is your best budget bet.

DUST-48 DELUXE FINISHED MODELS: These models are, according to the people behind the site, not sold by Fantasy Flight (and will maybe never be so either). Only place you can get them is via the site. They are nicely pre-painted and compatible with the rest of the 48-line.

DUST-TACTICS-PREMIUM-EDITION: These are identic to the ones Fantasy Flight sells, and prices seem to be spot. They are nicely pre-painted and compatible with the rest of the 48-line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.