Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the hit+ checks be applied to the initial soldier, the rules say at additional target soldiers.

I am playing games and trying to answer questions only using the rules which is difficult as there are many answers on the forum however most were made before the 1.5 rule set. When playing in a club setting the odd clarification may be needed but that should be the exception, rules need to be explicit not implied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HIT+ means that you can hit the initial target AND get to draw for results for an additional target that are within 3 inches of the original target. Even if they are out of range they still hit at the range of the INITIAL soldier attacked. If another HIT+ is pulled, then another soldier 3 inches away can be struck. This chain can continue as long as HIT+ is drawn.
Bear in mind that the shooter has to have a high rate fire weapon for the HIT+ to work otherwise a HIT+ draw is treated as a normal attack and no additional soldiers are targeted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
HIT+ means that you can hit the initial target AND get to draw for results for an additional target that are within 3 inches of the original target. Even if they are out of range they still hit at the range of the INITIAL soldier attacked. If another HIT+ is pulled, then another soldier 3 inches away can be struck. This chain can continue as long as HIT+ is drawn.
Bear in mind that the shooter has to have a high rate fire weapon for the HIT+ to work otherwise a HIT+ draw is treated as a normal attack and no additional soldiers are targeted.

I get all that as its explained in the rules but that was not my question, it seems that for this game every question is side stepped into an explanation of the rules verbatim , I am sure you were trying to be helpful.

My question was can hit+ 2nd hits be applied to the original target because the rules as they stand and as you have repeated here say for an additional target. Unless its in the rules individuals will have a different take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Billings
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Starman54 wrote:
JohnnyD wrote:

I get all that as its explained in the rules but that was not my question, it seems that for this game every question is side stepped into an explanation of the rules verbatim , I am sure you were trying to be helpful.

My question was can hit+ 2nd hits be applied to the original target because the rules as they stand and as you have repeated here say for an additional target. Unless its in the rules individuals will have a different take.

Jerry, to answer the question that you originally asked, Yes. If you have a Hit+ weapon, you can continue to draw hit checks against the original target if you choose or if there is no other eligible targets. I hope this answers your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike, absolutely , I am putting the Answers in a file , I will send to Jeff to see if he thinks the Rules could be tweaked.

Oh and thanks to Johnny for repsonding I really do appreciate everyone helping I can seehow you probably thought I was struggling with the rules, in a way I was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Billings
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
No problem at all Jerry. That is what we are here for. Just as an update on some future things. Over the next couple of weeks I am going to be making some picure examples to explain and show how a lot of the mechanics work. One of the things that I discussed with Jeff yesterday is that if we try and take into account every possible combination of play into the rules it would go from being 16 pages to something MUCH bigger. The idea of the rules being written the way they are is to get people started with understanding the basic mechanics in order to get them playing (I know that for me personally when I see a LARGE rulebook I get turned off because I think that it is going to have a difficult learning curve).

So please, keep posting away. We will keep clarifying these things here in the forums and shortly, on the website with walkthrough pictorials detailing the processes. Hope all this helps. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike most of these points don't involve extra rules just tighter wording and some really are basic. Some have been unanswered and I am not alone.

On the applying hits thread the rewording is shorter than the original. Still no reply and clearly the rules are wrong.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/695644/applying-hits

On sighting apart from mov and shoot I have no idea which are included or excluded . I am playing with all tiles count both the source and destination tiles.
The rules don't answer some basic issues, gamers are surprisingly competitiveyukthere will be those that resist a new game, any arguments and LMG will be off theit table with Jerry we tried that and it doesn't work.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/695236/more-questions-of...

Please do not assume that all the players will be interested in looking at web based stuff, those introducing to others yes. many of them will buy after a demo and recommendation and ont want to rely on the web to learn the rules.
This is basic proof reading we went through lots of re writes for Combat commander before it went out, its size didn't change much only one small rule change just tighter wording to realise the designer intent to a varied audience.
The rules changes are needed imagine trying to justify my take on the rules to a newbie, I cant say I did x because on page 5 it says do Y but on forum BGG post 176554 it says do x.

The real question is do you want those of us who are enthusiastic enough to purchase and question to be ambassadors and introduce others to the game or are you going to do it all for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
Thanks Mike, absolutely , I am putting the Answers in a file , I will send to Jeff to see if he thinks the Rules could be tweaked.

Oh and thanks to Johnny for repsonding I really do appreciate everyone helping I can seehow you probably thought I was struggling with the rules, in a way I was.

No problem Jerry!!! I apologize for not understanding your original question!!! GAME ON!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Balaz
United States
Manchester
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Looking through this thread, I think you still need a complete answer. The way we handled this situation in the demos was straightforward:
In the event a soldier firing an automatic weapon pulls a Hit+ AND there are one or more additional sighted enemy within 3", the player controlling that soldier may declare that he is aiming at his initial target or using walking fire. He MUST make that declaration before his opponent checks damage (too much advantage to the shooter otherwise.) If no declaration is made, the shooter focuses all of his shots at the initial target. The safe way to do this while shooting is to declare your decision while stating your intention to shoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SBalaz wrote:
Looking through this thread, I think you still need a complete answer. The way we handled this situation in the demos was straightforward:
In the event a soldier firing an automatic weapon pulls a Hit+ AND there are one or more additional sighted enemy within 3", the player controlling that soldier may declare that he is aiming at his initial target or using walking fire. He MUST make that declaration before his opponent checks damage (too much advantage to the shooter otherwise.) If no declaration is made, the shooter focuses all of his shots at the initial target. The safe way to do this while shooting is to declare your decision while stating your intention to shoot.

That is how I read it and from clarifications and examples elsewhere .

Declare shot draw Hit cards if Hit+ and Hit+ capable declare if shifting fire within 3" or keeping same target, draw new hit card, repeat if further Hit+. Then draw for wounds. I leave upside down pin markers if needed to clarify which soldiers hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Billings
United States
Upperco
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve and Jerry are right on the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.