Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even released yet and already I have a rules question. Is the number of cards left in the Coin card deck public information?

Depletion of the deck triggers the awarding of a Star to whomever has the most territories, so the decision to play or hoard Coin cards on your turn may depend on how many are left, and how far ahead or behind you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Daviau
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is.

And now I have the first "sigh, we forgot to put that in the rules" moment. Not the last I'm sure.

The number of cards in any deck or anyone's hand is public information. Of course, the exact content of any facedown cards or cards in people's hands is still private.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bostwick
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make up a little sticker with whatever rules you forgot.
Post it here and tell everyone to print out and stick in their rule books.
It will fit right in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zarquon wrote:
Just make up a little sticker with whatever rules you forgot.
Post it here and tell everyone to print out and stick in their rule books.
It will fit right in.

Best idea ever.

Plus, aren't there going to be blank spaces in the rules, as you will write the rules as you go along? The game will be easy for inserting errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game isnt fully off to print or shipping yet then you have a few options.

A: Update the rules. Works only if the books havent gone off to print yet.

B: Add a simple sticker with the missing rule on it and instructions where to place it and just toss it in with the pack.

C: add the rule addendum as a simple printed off piece of paper and toss that in with the box. Wouldnt be the first or last game that had to do that. Its the simplest and cheapest solution too. All you need is paper and a printer, and ink, if it is simple and short then you can print a batch off on a single piece of paper, cut up and toss in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Nuton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we're at it, I have another question about the Coin deck.

Do we know how many coin cards come in it? The only content information I've been able to find simply says "over 175 cards." With only 42 being territories, and the rest being split between coins, missions, and events (as far as I know), it seems like either the coin deck must be really big, or else there are a lot of missions and/or events.

Can anyone shed some light onto this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the manual that there are 10 coin cards.
In the first few pages, above the sticker sheet picture off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vynce Montgomery
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
mb
RobDaviau wrote:
Yes it is.

And now I have the first "sigh, we forgot to put that in the rules" moment. Not the last I'm sure.

The number of cards in any deck or anyone's hand is public information. Of course, the exact content of any facedown cards or cards in people's hands is still private.

You say "of course" but I looked at the rulebook before each of the first 3 games trying to figure out if one's accumulated resources were supposed to be private information and could not find it. There may be a later rule that makes it clear...

Call that sigh #2, I guess. But I think it's not too important -- since everybody can see what you get as you get it, they theoretically know what's in your hand. So far, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Fredlund
Sweden
Veberöd
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question about the Coin card deck, do you take out the Coin cards from the discard pile and form a new deck when it runs out?
I would guess so but it isn't mentioned in the rules except that you only get the Red Star when the deck runs out the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Dominie
msg tools
Quote:
Coin cards do not go in the discard pile. Coins when turned in for Red Star Tokens or troops are returned to the top of the coin deck.

Source? I ask only because I have looked a little and failed to find anything. Also it makes far better sense than what we did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's in the manual but I don't remember which page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.