Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awwww, the shill who pretended not to know about his own game deleted the thread. Luckily, I had anticipated as much.

I think this really should stick around for posterity. I'd be happy to delete this thread with a simple apology, rather than continuing to be misleading and try to pretend it never happened..

Yarrick79 wrote:

Anyone ever hear of this new game out called Disparity? I know its another pen and paper RPG and that it can be found and bought for cheap on Scribd. I'm going to go and check it out. Google it and see what you come up with. It's Disparity RPG and I think they even have their own blog as well.

David

tofarley wrote:

Yarrick79 wrote:
I know its another pen and paper RPG and that it can be found and bought for cheap on Scribd.

Spidey sense tingling.

Yarrick79 wrote:
I'm going to go and check it out.

mmhmm

Yarrick79 wrote:
Google it and see what you come up with.

sure...

Yarrick79 wrote:
It's Disparity RPG and I think they even have their own blog as well.

You think that, do you?

SHILL ALERT

Let's find out...

http://disparityrpg.blogspot.com/

Whaddya know. Copyright 2011 by Katie Gatto and David Roth.

Dude, shilling like you don't know about the game is really low. It makes me not trust you as a person. Just come here and say, "Hey, I made a game and I think it's pretty awesome!" Then tell us about the game and why we'd want to play it. We support indie endeavors... but I will not try this game now... no way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha, so much for "No Biting"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PrivateMeggido wrote:
Hahaha, so much for "No Biting"!

It makes me sick that this guy makes an account, comes on here and treats us like we're idiots and pretends he doesn't know about this game -- and then someone calls him on it and he closes his account and runs off. Anyone who might have thought about buying this game should know the kind of person behind it. If he'd just come on here and said, "I'm sorry, that was really dumb of me to do." I'd turn off the high-powered flame thrower...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Medina
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Property of LunaClara
badge
Board games rule my life, and my wife's. That is a good thing, believe it or not ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree. It does feel sleazy. Lots of people advertise their own games, they just don't pretend to not be related to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Heberer
United States
Lake Stevens
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree that shilling isn't so cool, isn't this a bit like harassment? I don't get a happy feeling from any of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i7dealer wrote:
While I agree that shilling isn't so cool, isn't this a bit like harassment? I don't get a happy feeling from any of this thread.

How is it at all like harassment? It's not like personal messages are being sent to the original author (I assume).

Seems like he made a mistake, and rather than own up to it, he tried to erase any record of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willythesnitch wrote:
i7dealer wrote:

How is it at all like harassment? It's not like personal messages are being sent to the original author (I assume).

Seems like he made a mistake, and rather than own up to it, he tried to erase any record of it.

I had my own reservations about re-posting it... I was pretty miffed when I realized he had deleted the thread. I'm not trying to harass anyone, but I do think that people should know before they buy the game what kind of people they'll be dealing with -- for many people that won't even matter, and if the game's good it can survive on it's own merit.

I dunno. I think it's pretty low. I'll probably delete this thread myself at some point, because I don't want to brand someone with a Scarlet S forever because they made a mistake, but the original post was seen for 12-24 hours before it was deleted, so I think this one should be as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides, there's no such thing as bad publicity, right? I bet more people clicked the link to check out his game after I posted it, than bothered to google it from his own post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blessed
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have encountered a similar sitch here on the Geek. While it's sad to learn of hidden agendas and deceitful profiles creeping into our positive community, the Truth always comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.