Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the Solitaire Print and Play Contest is done, please take a moment to answer a few questions about the contest. You can either answer in this thread or send me a geekmail.

What did you think about the use of Vassal in the contest? Not all games had a Vassal module created. Did this create an unfair advantage for games with an electronic module?

How was the time frame of the contest? Was there enough time to design the games? Was there enough time to build and play the games?

Would you like to see this contest scheduled as an annual (or possibly biannual oops, I meant biennial) event?

What did you think of the open rules about rule length, components, low-ink components, etc? Should there have been tighter or looser restrictions on the games?

Is the summer the best time to host this event? (July/August)

What did you think about the Special Prize Categories? (Best Wargame/Best Artwork/etc) Should there have been more or less of them?

Were there any additional Special Prize Categories you wished had been included?

I used only one thread for contest entries and general entry discussions. Many other contests divide these into two separate threads. Did the single thread make it easier or harder to follow the contest?

Is there anything I could do to improve future contests that I host?

Did voting by private Geekmail work well or would it be better to host a boardgamegeek survey or separate website to track votes?

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I appreciate it!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
Now that the Solitaire Print and Play Contest is done, please take a moment to answer a few questions about the contest. You can either answer in this thread or send me a geekmail.

What did you think about the use of Vassal in the contest? Not all games had a Vassal module created. Did this create an unfair advantage for games with an electronic module?
I did not use them. I suspect that it must have created an unfair advantage: only people that played the games could voter, and this made it easier to play the games.
chansen2794 wrote:

How was the time frame of the contest? Was there enough time to design the games? Was there enough time to build and play the games?
Seemed fine to me. My non-submission was down to work and health issues, not how long we had.
chansen2794 wrote:

Would you like to see this contest scheduled as an annual (or possibly biannual) event?
Sure.
chansen2794 wrote:

What did you think of the open rules about rule length, components, low-ink components, etc? Should there have been tighter or looser restrictions on the games?
Seemed fine to me.
chansen2794 wrote:

Is the summer the best time to host this event? (July/August)[/qNo idea.[q="chansen2794"]

What did you think about the Special Prize Categories? (Best Wargame/Best Artork/etc) Should there have been more or less of them?
Either fewer, or more balanced selection.
chansen2794 wrote:

Were there any additional Special Prize Categories you wished had been included?
Nope.
chansen2794 wrote:

I used only one thread for contest entries and general entry discussions. Many other contests divide these into two separate threads. Did the single thread make it easier or harder to follow the contest?
Seemed fine to me.
chansen2794 wrote:

Undoubtedly, but I'm not sure what.
chansen2794 wrote:

Did voting by private Geekmail work well or would it be better to host a boardgamegeek survey or separate website to track votes?
Seemed fine to me.
chansen2794 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Clouser
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

I think the Module approach was a wonderful idea. It allowed for a try-it-before-you-buy-it approach which saved both ink and time.

It might have been an unfair advantage, but it seemed like a well documented one from the beginning (or near to it).

chansen2794 wrote:

I actually thought the contest ended a month earlier than it did. I just didn't read it right. So I had been sweating my entry.

I didn't play as many as I had wanted to, but that was not for lack of time but of discipline.

chansen2794 wrote:
Would you like to see this contest scheduled as an annual (or possibly biannual) event?

Yes. At least every 12 to 18 months. There were a lot of great games that were showcased, which I might not have seen otherwise.

chansen2794 wrote:

The rules as given were just right. For me at least, it made me think in terms of my audience. My entry was a tough build because of the circular pieces to cut out, but I knew that limitation up front because you warned us against it.

The rules as written cast a large net in the ocean and we got a great cornucopia of ideas and themes.

chansen2794 wrote:

Didn't affect me either way.

chansen2794 wrote:
What did you think about the Special Prize Categories? (Best Wargame/Best Artork/etc) Should there have been more or less of them?

These were spot on. And allowing others to offer prizes was great too. I didn't feel that there were any missing categories.

chansen2794 wrote:

The thread got kind of long. If you hadn't maintained the first post as well as you did, I think it would have been a problem.

chansen2794 wrote:

I don't see how. All the promotion you did for the contest was great. Thanks for building games for gg. That was a great idea.

chansen2794 wrote:

Private vote was just fine. A survey might have stifled the suspense.

Many Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

Maybe. I couldn't play some games that had a vassal module simply because I couldn't get to all the games. I did however craft some games to play and I'm not sure that a vassal module is always the best way to play a game. Overall, I believe having the modules for so many games was cool, but I would hate to see a requirement for a vassal module

chansen2794 wrote:

There is never enough time
Nevertheless, the amount of time given for the contest was perfect, imho

chansen2794 wrote:

You mean it isn't an annual event already?

Wait. Did you say twice a year? Oh Yes. I vote for that.

chansen2794 wrote:

Not a designer, but the requirements produced some GREAT games!

chansen2794 wrote:

I'm not sure. This contest runs right at the same time as the ramp up time for Gen-Con. Any designers who are pursuing or preparing things for Gen-Con would never have time to participate in the contest as it is currently scheduled. The counter-argument can certainly be made that there is always something going on, however.

chansen2794 wrote:

I felt that there were enough special prizes to get a wide variety of games and game lovers to the contest.

chansen2794 wrote:

None I can think of right now.

chansen2794 wrote:

I liked the way it was all on 1 thread for the contest and then different threads for the games. Nice and organized.

chansen2794 wrote:

I really liked every aspect of this contest so I'm afraid my feedback will not be that useful. This was perfect from my PoV.

chansen2794 wrote:

I liked voting by geek mail.

Fantastic contest, Chris! Fantastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With me it created an disadvantage as I tended to pass on games whos main thrust was getting the Vasal module out first.

Length seemed good overall. Neither too long nor too short considering the requirements. I've seen too many contests with more stringent requirements to fill that were way too short.

Annual is good, bi-annual could work too, though theres usually a plethora of contests running at any goven time. I've been having a hellish time trying to shoehorn my own contest in somewhere that isnt allready cluttered. Eventually I'll just say "hell with it" and run it whenever. (Probably near the end of October-December.)

Everything seemed to work out and as said above, tighter rules do not allways make for better games. Following a theme might be doable. but would change dramatically the tone and participation.

Summer seems a good time. Designers oft have more free time to apply to projects depending.

The Best of categories are interesting but oft work better when theres more than one entry of that sort in the contest. Suggestion would be to see what the spread is before voting and then array the Best of accordingly.

Single thread worked due to how it was set up. Otherwise the usual geeklist approach would have worked.

See comments above.

The voting system, while unusual, worked as presented.

chansen2794 wrote:

Would you like to see this contest scheduled as an annual (or possibly biannual oops, I meant biennial) event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Retert
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
It'll have to go.
mb
chansen2794 wrote:

Vassal was useful because it let people play games without needing to craft them. Games that have modules do have an advantage over games without modules, just as games with a low-ink version do.

Quote:

I regret not playing enough of the entries, but that was my fault, not a lack of time.

Quote:

I would prefer annual.

Quote:

Given the quality and variety of games created, I think the rules were just tight enough.

Quote:

It was a good time to run the event.

Quote:

What did you think about the Special Prize Categories? (Best Wargame/Best Artwork/etc) Should there have been more or less of them?

Special prizes are individually awarded; as long as anyone who wants to can award one, any number of special prizes is fine. If instead they will be fixed parts of a regular contest, a smaller number might be in order.

Quote:

I found it easier.

Quote:

One advantage of Geekmail voting is that it also allows a mechanism of anonymous feedback, which should be more useful than vote totals in the long run.

Thank you for running the contest. I enjoyed participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

I loved the profusion of Vassal modules! But... yes, it may have created a very slight disadvantage. I don't think it was major, but there were a couple of games that I never got around to playing which I may have played had a module been available. Then again, there were several games with modules that I never got around to playing.

Quote:

I think so, yes.

Quote:

Sure. I know I'd participate again.

Quote:

Not necessarily. While I believe (as Mark Rosewater is found of saying) that restriction breeds creativity, I don't think this contest needed more or less restriction. The limitation on the number of players is a pretty tough requirement, by itself.

Quote:

It sure was nice for me!

Quote:

...I don't have a problem with them, but in this particular instance, I was more interesting in hearing the winners of the side prizes not provided by the moderator, and I can't really put my finger on why.

Quote:

I don't know. Maybe "Best Simulation?" Then Rallytaire could have won something!

Quote:

You kept the original post extremely well-updated, so it never presented a problem. Other contest moderators (ahem ninja) use the two thread solution because they are lazy and don't want to be forced to collate everything themselves.

Quote:

I sincerely doubt it.

Quote:

I think a BGG survey would have added some nice drama while everyone watched their favorite games rack up points. However, it may have also been disheartening for some of the designers ninja if they received few or no votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

As much as I hate to admit it, it may have. I can't print anything out right now so I was going to make up a module for each entry that I played but Chad had already done a great job with making modules for many of the submissiones

Quote:

I can't be sure with this one since I stumbled upon it late.

Quote:

I would love, L-O-V-E, LOVE to see this as an annual dealyo.

Quote:

As I mentioned, this didn't effect me for better or for worse. I was going to be playing them all via Vassal anyways.

Quote:

If we're concerned about the college and younger crowd then sure. Otherwise, except for the obvious concern of holidays, I don't think that any one month is better or worse for this than the other. Well, maybe not during tax season.

Quote:

I think these are nice when kept separate as they were done. Keep the main prize for the votes and let individuals offer what they may for personal preferences. And Todd should probably be banned from any "Best of" since he's almost assured to win because his games are always top notch.

Quote:

I think the bases were covered pretty well.

Quote:

I think it made it easier. You did a great job of organising everything so that I didn't have to wade through a dozen pages of fluff to get to the meat of the matter.

Quote:

If I had the final say I wouldn't have you do anything differently.

Quote:

As long as this didn't put any undue hardships on yourself, I would prefer to keep it this way. All that tension that people are talking about in games was, in my opinion, tangible right here as we waited for the results to be posted. I s'pose the same sensation could be got from a poll but it seems that a winner could be gleaned from that, assuming a runaway winner didn't pop up immediately.

Quote:

Thank you for doing this great contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Catch 22 wrote:
Quote:

As long as this didn't put any undue hardships on yourself, I would prefer to keep it this way. All that tension that people are talking about in games was, in my opinion, tangible right here as we waited for the results to be posted. I s'pose the same sensation could be got from a poll but it seems that a winner could be gleaned from that, assuming a runaway winner didn't pop up immediately.

kurthl33t wrote:
Quote:

I think a BGG survey would have added some nice drama while everyone watched their favorite games rack up points. However, it may have also been disheartening for some of the designers ninja if they received few or no votes.

I've thought about the poll option quite a bit and almost went with it. I thought it worked well on the Little Box Print and Play contest because it was fun to immediately see how your vote changed the results. However, I felt bad for the games that came in towards the bottom of that contest because it was immediately visible that they weren't doing well.

In the solitaire contest, most of the games received at least one or two votes, but a few of the games didn't receive any. Part of this is from the difficulty of choosing just five games from 32, but I'd still hate for the designers of those games to know that no one voted for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Quote:

I don't know. Maybe "Best Simulation?" Then Rallytaire could have won something!

Don't forget, you can tip the designers of the threads directly for your favorite games. You can also help by promoting their game through reviews, session reports, pictures, or even just BGG comments. I agree that Rallytaire was a very good game and I'm thrilled to see the designer creating new tracks and expansions for it. I can't wait to see what he does next.

kurthl33t wrote:
Quote:

...I don't have a problem with them, but in this particular instance, I was more interesting in hearing the winners of the side prizes not provided by the moderator, and I can't really put my finger on why.

Maybe because I picked the same game for three of my four choices.

Catch 22 wrote:
Quote:

I think these are nice when kept separate as they were done. Keep the main prize for the votes and let individuals offer what they may for personal preferences. And Todd should probably be banned from any "Best of" since he's almost assured to win because his games are always top notch.

I felt a little bad awarding him so many prizes because there were many other very deserving games in the contest. However, I really felt he earned it so I don't feel that bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

yeah, sure!

chansen2794 wrote:

I liked the use of VASSAL a lot! I'm sure less games would have been played without the possibility to try them first in VASSAL. I would encourage the availability of a VASSAL module for these kind of contests! We had a lot of luck that Chad build us so much modules, thanks again! thumbsup

And yes, for me personal, I first looked at the games with a VASSAL module, so those had an advantage from my point of view.

Not every designer is capable of building a module himself though, so I'm not sure whether this should be mandatory in the rules of the contest.

chansen2794 wrote:

I don't know for the designers, but for the playtesters/voters I would say: there were to much games for the time we had to build them all. But on the other hand one could try out many games by VASSAL before printing and assembling them. I don't know whether I would have played more games if I had more time.

chansen2794 wrote:

Yeah, why not...

chansen2794 wrote:

OK for me!

chansen2794 wrote:

Any time is OK for me.

chansen2794 wrote:

I don't think there should be Special Categories in general. I like it how it was now, with several other BGG'ers giving prices for what they value in PnP games. I will almost always give a price for "Best Wargame" in a PnP contest I follow, because I like to play wargames, and I think there should be more good PnP wargames...

chansen2794 wrote:

no.

chansen2794 wrote:

I had to follow only one thread, so for me it was easier: all info on the same spot. I also liked it a lot how you constantly updated the OP of the thread with additional information on the participants.

chansen2794 wrote:

The only thing that could be better I think is exposure to the broader BGG public to get more voters in. But I wouldn't know how to do this...

chansen2794 wrote:

Geekmail is OK for me. I think a BGG survey has the possibility of influencing the voters, as you can see the voting results of other voters before you vote. I prefer that the results of the votes are hidden until everyone gave their votes.

chansen2794 wrote:

no problem, it was my pleasure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
Catch 22 wrote:
Quote:

I felt a little bad awarding him so many prizes because there were many other very deserving games in the contest. However, I really felt he earned it so I don't feel that bad.

Oh, I agree with you. He did a superb job and definitely deserved all that. My comment was said in jest. I s'pose I should add a wink next time.

Although, now that you mention it, maybe there should be a limit to how many awards one game/author should receive? Otherwise he might take them all next time, too. ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the contest was fantastic.I was away on holidays when it started and I printed off 4 games straight away.One was Inspector Moss and another the card game for LOR.Inspector Moss was played straight away with the kids and we loved it.I did try and be objective with the other games that i played after it as it had set the bar very high and went with how many times i would actually play the game in ranking my 5 choices.There where Three games in my opinion that came very close to first in the competition and all had vassell modules and specific boardgamegeek entries.I do like to record my plays on BGG so I did shy away from games without this entry.I did get 21 of the games played.Timewise it was very tight for the number of entries but it focused my mind and I got a lot of games played.There was no game that I played that I did not enjoy.Please make this an annual event as I have my game design in mind now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="chansen2794"]Now that the Solitaire Print and Play Contest is done, please take a moment to answer a few questions about the contest. You can either answer in this thread or send me a geekmail.

Quote:

Lets say that it helped the games that had one, for sure.
This doesn't mean that the winners won because they had a Vassal module, lets say it made it easier for them, since people had an easier time trying them out.

Quote:
How was the time frame of the contest? Was there enough time to design the games? Was there enough time to build and play the games?[/q
As a personal note, I had all the time I needed. I can understand some games could have benefited of a few more time, though.

[q]Would you like to see this contest scheduled as an annual (or possibly biannual oops, I meant biennial) event?

Sure, why not!

Quote:

The rules were fine and clear.
nothing to add or say about them.

Quote:

I'd say the best time would be autumn-winter, as, for example, for me, I was away all august, and couldn't finish the drawings for Alek's Terrible 20 game in time. If it were in November, I could have dedicated more time into his project.

Quote:

I would have made the voters vote for these cathegories, along with the top 5 games; but, again, apart this, nothing to add, really.

Quote:

no, not really; nothing that I can think of, right now.

Quote:

well, when the thread reached page 10, it was quite hard to keep track of things and discussions, with so many things going on.

Quote:

nothing that I can think of, right now.

Quote:

I am not a fan of private message votes, as it requires time for the person that runs the contest to keep track of the votes. I usually prefer some sort of automatic thing (like a hidden survey thingy), but, hey, as long as it works, I am totally fine with it.

Quote:

No, thank YOU!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K H
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

It may have had a slight impact for better AND for worse. Example: Coin Rail Yard would have been inaccessible to some, and so gotten fewer votes, without a module. And yet, actually playing the module turned out to be cumbersome enough to possibly bump the game down to a lower ranking among some of those votes.

Over all, there was probably a slight advantage to games with modules available, especially since there were so many entries to play in such a short time. But I don't consider the advantage unfair, as the contest rules were quite up-front on this point, and Chad did an amazing job of covering most of the entries that would otherwise have gone without modules.

Furthermore, I never would have been able to play as many of the entries as I did were it not for the modules. Let's face it: even with the time extension, there were more games to play than days to play them in. Vassal didn't make the contest unfair. It made the contest possible.

Quote:

Eternity isn't enough time to 'finish' a game design! But 2 months is a reasonable amount of time to achieve a working prototype. And that's a good enough goal for a contest like this, as long as the designers are willing to go back and apply the feedback they get from the contest, polishing up the rules and presentation for a non-beta release later when the pressure is off.

Quote:

Annual might be too soon, given the number of other contests on the Geek. Every other year is good. I could wait that long to get another surge of awesome games to play. In fact it may take that long for me to build proper copies of all my favorites from this year's contest!

Quote:

I think it worked just fine the way it was. It would also work to split the contest between lightweight and heavyweight contenders, if you could figure out an unambiguous way to communicate the expectation in the contest rules. I would never dream of placing restrictions on components or ink requirements, especially with tools like Vassal around.

Quote:

There is no single best time. Life happens, and sometimes that interferes with other plans. If the contest happens every 18-20 months, then you'll give different people the opportunity to participate at different times of the year.

Quote:

By encouraging side prize offerings from third parties, you're pretty much guaranteed to get exactly the quantity and balance that the audience demands. Focus on sponsoring the special categories that you personally want to see more of. Others will fill in any gaps for what they want to see. Designers will respond to fill the demand as best they can.

Quote:

No. But if there had been, it would have been my responsibility as the demanding consumer to make that offer myself.

Quote:

It was easier for me, but only because you did all the hard work of keeping the first page updated with all the pertinent information.

Quote:

Keep the judging time consistent with the number of valid entries. I was overwhelmed trying to get as many entries played as I could in the time available. So either limit the number of entries somehow, or allow more time for judging.

Quote:

I liked the Geekmail method well enough, but a survey works too. The important thing is to keep the results secret until the last votes are in. Otherwise, early results may unduly influence later votes.

Quote:

And thank you for doing all the legwork of running the contest and sponsoring many of the prizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slounger wrote:
chansen2794 wrote:

Keep the judging time consistent with the number of valid entries. I was overwhelmed trying to get as many entries played as I could in the time available. So either limit the number of entries somehow, or allow more time for judging.

I like the sound of that. Perhaps we could determine an average?
Say a day per game to allow for manufacturing and then average a couple of games a day with one or two more tacked on the end for leeway?

So with 32 entries... er, well, we might hafta tweak the formula a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:

Well, I play games at the office primarily on vassal. If they are not on a module, they really aren't of any use to me. Some people like to print the game up and like to have the feel of the game in their hands. I would more likely play a purchased game this way as no game is going to have the same feel as a professionally produced game. The cards won't shuffle unless you sleeve them. And even then they won't stack properly.

And I guess in my case, it feels like it is just as much work to print a game up then it is to make a vassal module. With that said, vassal is not for everyone. It is a little clunky. There is that weird glitch that happens whenever you click something and it ends up selecting half the components on the screen.

Yes, I do think it was quite an unfair advantage if a game didn't have a vassal module. There were 32 games in this contest. If the vassal modules were not made, then it would require that a person was printing up 1 game a day for each of the voting days. That is just not realistic. So there were games that were going to get shafted. If the modules were not made, then realistically each person might only get to play 5 games in the contest. Based probably on reading the rules and the look of the game. That would swing the vote likely to games that just looked really good (i.e. anything that Todd Sanders makes) and take away the chance of games that actually were quite good but just looked too complicated to make (i.e. Zed Force).

I didn't like that disparity. So I did my best to rectify it and make as many modules that I could. I passed on making a few games for one reason or another. There was at least one game that I gave up on because I could not figure out what the rules were trying to say. I will say that when I look at the games that were in the top 10, there was only 1 that did not have a module for it. But I did not have enough time to make every game. (I did make 18 of them though. I think that is a personal record)

I think both of my own games suffered proper development because I was trying to make so many. I am not done with either of them, which is why I have not made a post for farming dice. I liked Todd Sanders rule of not posting them until they are done.

chansen2794 wrote:

Um, no. But I don't think anyone predicted that there were going to be 32 entries. And that some of them would keep pouring in after the contest.

chansen2794 wrote:

Annual.

chansen2794 wrote:

Nah. I just want good solitaire games. So this contest was perfect for me.

chansen2794 wrote:

No opinion.

chansen2794 wrote:

I think the purpose of these was to create an incentive to have a specific type of game made.

chansen2794 wrote:

Well, I am always a sucker for a good fantasy game. Preferably a good dungeon hack.

chansen2794 wrote:

Hard to say.

chansen2794 wrote:

Nope. You were awesome. Especially when it came to me editing all the mistakes out in the vassal modules. I did not spend enough time making good modules. I did not playtest most of them before posting them. I still haven't played all of them yet. That could take a while.

chansen2794 wrote:

I liked it this way, but I could see how that would be a pain for the person moderating the contest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike NZ
New Zealand
LOTR
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
[q="chansen2794"]Now that the Solitaire Print and Play Contest is done, please take a moment to answer a few questions about the contest. You can either answer in this thread or send me a geekmail.

Helped a lot easier to play the game/more games as there was no printing/making. Advantage over non Vassal yes I think so=time
chansen2794 wrote:

Fine. I just couldn't get my stuff together but it helped me stop procrastinating!.
chansen2794 wrote:

Absolut!.
chansen2794 wrote:

20 pages is a little too long I thought.
chansen2794 wrote:

Is the summer the best time to host this event? (July/August)[/q anytime .[q="chansen2794"]

No problems
chansen2794 wrote:

Most original game
chansen2794 wrote:

No problems there.
chansen2794 wrote:

Have someone do the Vassal mods for each final entry as time to print & play so many isn't feasable & u do want to get a play or 3 in before voting
chansen2794 wrote:

I was happy the way u did it.
chansen2794 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.