Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mts azza
Greece
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Hello !

Got some questions about special win condition.

In a 3 player game there are 10 Stage1 cards and 10 Stage2.
Red Marines win condition says: you win if you control all areas in 3 planets...

Control area = have at least 1 unit ?
And also, isnt it too easy to win like that ?

The game ends too fast for us. we never manage to build the last units.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No it is not too easy, unless the other players let them have those three planets.

Yes, the game is fast, and often will end before you can build a huge army of Ultralisks or Carriers or Siege Tanks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Special victory conditions aren't in effect until stage 3. Did you go through all 20 cards that fast?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've personally found that small (2-3 player) games tend to end quickly and never get up past the second tier of units, even in the PC version. More often than not, when I duel on the PC game, I either rush with tier 1 units, or quickly tech up to tier 2 units, then attack. My small games generally only last about 3-4 turns at the most, depending on factions/conditions.

But no, I've never found it easy to win using special win conditions unless you "allow" the other players to forget you have it. If I were playing vs you, I would constantly be placing pressure on your force, and you would be pretty hard pressed to defend multiple points.

Personally, I see special victory conditions as a secondary way to win if there is no easy way to gain CP. I feel controlling and holding CP areas are much easier than holding every area on 3 different planets..

Hope that answers your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy fix: Get the expansion. Like that, with the expansion's Leadership cards, everybody will have to choose whether they want a special victory condition (and paint a bit target on their forehead) or some slightly better starting conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mts azza
Greece
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I have also another question.

What exactly does the Overmind special ability do ?
I know htat zergs have build limit (differect types of building) * 3.

Thnx,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
da metz
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean with special ability?

And the zerg build limit is "no. of buildings" x 2 (so, maximum 6 units per build order)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also confused by the term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.